Christmas is early!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
My mom and MIL have decided together to get me a new oven!!! :chef:
The hinge is broken on mine, my mom thinks it will pop open onto one of my kids' heads.
MIL thinks I shouldn't have to kick it to get the gas to light in the oven.
I was willing to suffer, but I wasn't going to say no!
It's a Kenmore with a 5th oval burner down the center of it. Any exp with this?
I'm so excited!

So far this has never worked but I'll give it one more shot!!!!! The state of Minnesota has outlawed 5th burner stoves. They are approved in Western North Carolina and I will be glad to take it off your hands........... ........... ......... ......... ................... .................... ........ ................................................ Oh well, it was worth one more try :LOL:

Sorry, I can't offer any advice but I can be JUST as excited as you are!!!!! :chef::cool::chef:

Thanks!
I don't think I've been any better than any other year...
However being a very sad charity case may be the reason for my good fortune...
But next year is already lookin' up I'd have to say! :)

I just got the GE with the 5th burner, do not know anything about Kenmore. I like GE better when I was trying to choose one. I am yet to use the 5th burner.

So far this has never worked but I'll give it one more shot!!!!! The state of Minnesota has outlawed 5th burner stoves. They are approved in Western North Carolina and I will be glad to take it off your hands........... ........... ......... ......... ................... .................... ........ ................................................ Oh well, it was worth one more try :LOL:

Sorry, I can't offer any advice but I can be JUST as excited as you are!!!!! :chef::cool::chef:

BTW I checked on this with local law enforcement, they said thay are allowed only under the condition that large dinners are served at least once a month, minimum of 10 persons.
So come on up and I can keep my new toy!
Sears can't deliver here in the boonies until Dec 11. :( I may break a toe on the old one by then!!!

It's a long oval burner for making gravy in the roasting pan. NICE!

BTW I checked on this with local law enforcement, they said thay are allowed only under the condition that large dinners are served at least once a month, minimum of 10 persons.
Sears can't deliver here in the boonies until Dec 11. :( I may break a toe on the old one by then!!!

That works for me!!!! :chef:

What time is dinner??? Please ...DON'T break your toe = someone else will have to break in your new stove!!!

What time is dinner??? Please ...DON'T break your toe = someone else will have to break in your new stove!!!
They absolutlely will NOT!!!!
DH reminded me today, he is installing it. He does not get home from work until 7 pm most nights. So if this thing gets delivered at 11 am and they take the old one, I have to just sit here drooling at it all day and go get a pizza!!!

I have a 5th burnner, it has a regular grate and a griddle. We use the griddle more. Daughter makes pancakes on it every morning before school. I used the regular grate for gravy in a roasting and it worked really great. Ive had it a year so im still learning what to do with different burnners. I have one that says power boil on it let me tell you that puts out some heat even on the lowest level. Good Luck and enjoy

Mine has a power burner too, I'm so excited to boil my coffee water in the morning!!!!

you cant use a small pot or pan on it or the flame goes up the side and burns the handle, almost ruined on of my better pans that way. It works relly good to boil anything. on T-day had 2 pans of potatoes going, used the power burner for one and the next bigger burner for the other, started at same time and power burner statred boiling way before the other. I absolutley love mine,even though i'm not a very good cook

Oh, Suziquzie - we've all had our ups and downs so just be thankful, enjoy your boon, and don't look a girft horse in the mouth (unless you live in Troy).

You mean Michigan? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:rolleyes: Ok I'm bein silly now. Nothin wrong with Michigan!!

Back
Top Bottom