Cleaning a Stick Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Got one for Christmas and accidentally threw out the manual that came with it.

It's a Cuisinart "Quick Prep" model CS8-33BC. It doesn't come apart or anything, so what I did to clean it was to run it with the business end immersed in some hot soapy water.

Anyone got a better idea?

I have a very similar one, mud. I grow to like it more every time I use it!

As long as you don't get the thick handle part wet, you're OK. Usually I run the blender end under hot water, wipe it down with a soapy sponge, and then rinse it off with hot water. I always make sure to have it unplugged when I do this. Then I just wipe it dry.

I always submerged the blending end into some soapy water, and hit the switch for a second. You could also be extra-safe and submerge and blend in some bleach water to sanitize it.

if you employ either method, or the help of the dog, just make sure it is unplugged!

lol, pst and buckster! pst, thanks for the offer of digging me up a manual. Think I'm OK for now, but will keep your kindness in mind.

I do it the same way bug - bowl or the "thing" that came with it - hot soapy water and blend away!!! Fill with clean water or just rinse under faucet with more hot water.

I have the exact same one. I love and hate it...I hate the fact that the parts are not removeable. I would have thought Cuisinart would have done a better job at designing this. I honestly don't use mine very much, and wonder if I had one that had removable pieces, if I would use it more often.

DH hates it when I do use it, cuz he's the one who always has to clean it. :LOL:

Congrats on the nice gift, bug!

The first time I used mine, I pressed the GO button before coming in contact with the stuff in the bowl and applied a sloppy coating of eggs to myself and all other things in the remaining 360-degree area of the kitchen. I do hope you avoid that little error... ;)

I just whirl mine in hot soapy water and rinse under a hot tap. Works fine.

Back
Top Bottom