Cleaning Radiant Cooktop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef_Jimmy

Senior Cook
I have some burnt on stains on the eyes of my flat top range, it is beyond the cleaning compound and green scuffy pad. They are from liquid that over flowed and burnt under the pot. Unfortunately i didn't clean them right away and now i can't. I am scared to use steel wool. Have any of you had this problem and know how to clean it?

I don't know much about Mr. Clean's "Magic Eraser" but it seems to clean most anything of off everything. A thought to look into? Again, I've no knowledge of the products outside of commercials. T'would be worth looking in to I would suppose . . . . .

I use Softscrub on my glasstop stove. I just pour it on and let it sit for about 5 minutes if it's burnt on and then use a hot sponge with scrubber, not steel just the regular 2 sided sponges and wipe it off. Sometimes, I have to scrub a little,but, mine is over a year old and still looks brand new.

That Greased Lightening is a pretty good thing. Don't know how it would work on radiant. Might consult your manual. I would not use an abrasive. Just my opinion. Another thought is steam -- there are several steamers out there that will clean just about anything. Recently bought one that I plan on steaming i.e. clothing, mirrors, counter tops, oven etc. Better than using chemicals.

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
I use Softscrub on my glasstop stove. I just pour it on and let it sit for about 5 minutes if it's burnt on and then use a hot sponge with scrubber, not steel just the regular 2 sided sponges and wipe it off. Sometimes, I have to scrub a little,but, mine is over a year old and still looks brand new.
Wow! What a good idea! I've got a glass top too and can never get it clean. I hadn't thought of using Softscrub!! Thanks!!!

Your welcome!! I got a little bottle of stuff with my stove and it's basically the same thing. That is all I will use on it since there is nothing that will scratch the surface like with Comet or Ajax would.

I, too, got a razor blade with my stove. I'm careful, but those starchy over-boils come off quite easily with it.

I use the straight edged razor blade with holder on my cooktop..Works like a dream..Also use Wright's glass cooktop cleaner. In between for light messes I just spray with 409 and wipe with cotton towel.. And Barkeepers Friend is the best cleaner I've ever used for the sink and tile..

kadesma:)

:) Sometimes it takes alot of elbow grease to get it off, I have had stains on my glass top I thought would never would come off.I stayed at it and it finally came off.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Sometimes it takes alot of elbow grease to get it off, I have had stains on my glass top I thought would never would come off.I stayed at it and it finally came off.
So far I've not had but one spill over that proved a challenge..DH, helped out with the muscle power on that one:)

kadesma

:) Kadema,I have had some stains that I thought would not come off but I would use the special scrub then scrub wipe it off and try again you are right its muscle power/elbow grease sometimes I give up and try the next day eventually it comes off.
My manual warns about using certain aluminum foil on your stove such as the pan to make jiffy pop popcorn that and regular foil will mark your stove and will not come off.

Back
Top Bottom