Cleaning your cooker/oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The cooker man

Assistant Cook
Good morning everyone

I have a new question for you all. I am currently looking into ways to make cleaning cooking appliances easier.

Some of the questions I have are:

:chef: Most importantly
is this something people are actually interested in, if so-

:chef:Which areas are most prone to becoming dirty.

:chef:What are the most difficult places/parts of your cooker to clean.

Any insight outside of these questions is also appreciated.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Thank you in advance

Regards

The Cooker Man

Set the oven to "clean" and when its done, wipe it out.

Most of the stoves today have a self cleaner feature. No need to clean the oven. Unfortunately, I am not one of those lucky ones. The hardest part for me to clean is the roof of the oven. while trying not to damage the heating element. I leave oven cleaning to Pirate, my son.

He will use a commercial heavy duty oven cleaner spray. Or I will place a large cup of ammonia in the oven overnight. That usually soften everything stuck in there.

Most of the stoves today have a self cleaner feature. No need to clean the oven. Unfortunately, I am not one of those lucky ones. The hardest part for me to clean is the roof of the oven. while trying not to damage the heating element. I leave oven cleaning to Pirate, my son.

He will use a commercial heavy duty oven cleaner spray. Or I will place a large cup of ammonia in the oven overnight. That usually soften everything stuck in there.

I think that is the issue isn't it. There are self cleaning ovens out there, unfortunately we cant all afford them. That's why I am looking ata a less technical, more affordable solution.
Thank you

spray it down at night with Easy Off No Fume and use most of the can, close the door, go to bed, the next afternoon grab a roll of paper towels and wipe it out. I try to do this around once per month so it does not get bad.

Almost every oven here is self cleaning

Self cleaning ovens are not expensive

If you don't have one, Easy Off works fine

Cleaning an oven is not a problem

Haven't we been through this issue together before??

Whip the whole oven with soft soap med from pine oil ( grumme grönsåpa), set oven to 100C heat, turn of and leave until touch cold and whip clean. Done. Easy.

Argh, I didnt see that I had auto correct on.. got to love it, it only returns when my computer restarts.

I hope you meant "wipe." I don't know about ovens in Sweden, but ours over here don't like being whipped. :LOL:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Our ovens might not like being whipped but sometimes they deserve it.:rolleyes:
It's never pilot error. It's always the ovens fault. Temp wrong, cold spots, etc, etc....... ;)

And to Cooker man.
The hardest parts to clean are the nooks and crannies.
Make a surface that's as smooth as possible so it wipes off with the least effort.
But a lot depends on how retentive the consumer you seek is. :angel:

Now I don't want to get the reparation that I never clean my oven. But I will be receiving two cans of Easy Off tomorrow from Jet. And I am going to need every drop.

I had forgotten about the trick of placing a bowl of ammonia in the oven overnight. As a result it has been just about a month since I cleaned it. Had I even looked up about cleaning the oven, I am sure I would have come across that trick. As a result I think I will whip my oven tonight. It really needs it. I can barely see through the stove window, even with the light on.

Back
Top Bottom