Commercial Panini Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
Anyone went this route and got a good commercial panini grill? Ok most of the home panini presses are ok but they really don't get that hot enough. Most only go to about 400-450 which cooks the food in the press slightly more than i want to :). I have a breadman panini press and for the money it was good but i want more :). Also the commercial units have cast iron plates so they are going to retain their heat a lot better. Most of these units go anywhere from 570 - 600. Also they are much heavier (50 pounds) so they do a better job at the pressing part. I can simmulate something close to a commercial unit by firing up my weber and using two cast iron skillets but its just a pain in the butt especially when its cold outside. Would be nice to have a indoor unit :).

Anyone every used one of the commercial units and have a specific brand they can recommend? I have been looking at onces similar to this:
PANINI GRILL, ADCRAFT COMMERCIAL, STAINLESS SG-811E - eBay (item 310108732656 end time Jan-12-09 05:44:15 PST)

thanks,
Ncage

Cooks Country/Cook Illustrated rated the Krups Universal Grill and Panini Maker as their highest...I've never used it and not sure if it'll satisfied the needs of one wanting commercial. Worth taking a look at though :)

I have an acquaintance who just opened up a pub that served paninis and was able to get a couple commercial panini presses for not that much. You may want to check out restaurant going out of business sales.

I have an acquaintance who just opened up a pub that served paninis and was able to get a couple commercial panini presses for not that much. You may want to check out restaurant going out of business sales.

I don't mean this in a negative way, it's really sad actually...There are alot of restaurants going under where I live...

I love my Cuisinart Grill and Griddle. It's available in both 230 and 115 volt versions.

It's robustly made and comes with 2 ridged grill plates and 2 flat griddle plates that are dishwasher safe. It can be opened right up flat so you can cook on both plates at once. As for temperature, I've never yet had to use the highest settings.

I love my Cuisinart Grill and Griddle. It's available in both 230 and 115 volt versions.

It's robustly made and comes with 2 ridged grill plates and 2 flat griddle plates that are dishwasher safe. It can be opened right up flat so you can cook on both plates at once. As for temperature, I've never yet had to use the highest settings.

On that particular one, can you open it up and use the ridged plates as an indoor grill for burgers and steaks if you wanted? Or I guess closed and grilling on both sides would be cool too.

Back
Top Bottom