Commercial pasta machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HamSandwich

Assistant Cook
Hi. I'm looking to buy a pasta machine for small scale business but after scouring the net I'm still none the wiser which model suits my needs best.

I want a machine that can at least press/cut spaghetti and tagliatelle (I assume that if the machine can do tag then it must be able to cut thinner pasta such as Bavette), as well as produce sheets for various filled pastas. The machine must be a robust, quiet, table-top design that retails for no more than $5000. I haven't decide on the capacity of the machine yet but I think a unit that does 10 kgs per hour would be ample.

If any of you could point towards a useful online buyers guide, or can make a recommendation, I'll be most grateful. Thanks

Hi HamSandwich. Welcome to DC.

I know nothing about commercial pasta machines but I just googled and saw a lot of info.

If I had $5K to spend on a kitchen gadget, I probably wouldn't be buying a pasta machine...does Hobart make one? And welcome to DC.

Hi everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi HamSandwich. Welcome to DC.

I know nothing about commercial pasta machines but I just googled and saw a lot of info.

Yeah, there is a ton of info out there about the machines themselves, but I'm really after someone who has first-hand knowledge of the hardware that can suggest which makes of machines to go for, what size of machine they use for their small-scale pasta business (meaning a few restaurants, as well as the general public) and which shapes they would consider to be best sellers.

My I ask what type, extruded, roller type? What do you plan to use the pasta for?

Myself I have not seen a single extruded that worked well. Now the sheet ones I like and use a lot and can make a lot of different things with it. If you are looking at the sheet type you need to decide what "shapes" you want to make and make sure that what you get can do it. As for quality get one made in Italy the other are cheap junk. I would get a home on with a motor and see how that goes.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom