Cooktop Vents - What's Best??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynk50

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone had experience/opinion about cooktop ventilation. I'm going to be doing a renovation soon, and am interested in the pop-up type that vent down from the cooktop. Currently have the traditional range hood on the wall (15 years old), and wondered if the downdraft type would be as efficient and adequate for what I'd need, and if they are quiet. Any input certainly appreciated!

Hello I do kitchen remodels on mostly high end homes, Down draft are ok but I would recommend a remote blower. This dose two things, cuts down on the sound and leaves more room in the cabinet. And do what the manufacture says on the duct (size)
:)

Guts said:
Hello I do kitchen remodels on mostly high end homes, Down draft are ok but I would recommend a remote blower. This dose two things, cuts down on the sound and leaves more room in the cabinet. And do what the manufacture says on the duct (size)
:)

Thanks! That remote blower was one of my concerns. Do those mount close to the exterior vent out of the house, or just somewhere in the ducting? Are they a bear to service or repair if there is an issue w/them? After the over-the-range hood I have now, the lower noise level of a remote blower is a plus. I can't hear myself think when my current hood is running. :wacko:

Cynk50
The blower mounts on the exterior of the house and can be put on the roof.. Being that it is on the out side of the house, it is very east to service! just do not put it right under or around a kitchen window(the noise factor) but they really are Not that loud. Where you put the blower depends on the space you have to run the ducting. Cynk50 please feel free to e-mail me with any further questions you mat have, put Cynk50 and discuscooking down draft (in the subject)

Back
Top Bottom