Counter top griddle for pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slightly off-topic, but my biggest pancake problem is consistency. My pancakes either turn into crepes (not in the good ways-just really thin/runny) or they set up on the pan and don't spread at all. Now THAT is annoying.

P.S. From watching Good Eats (with Alton Brown), I found this nifty little device. Now I always know when my griddle is at the exact 375 degrees for pancake perfection (so long as the batter is the right consistency :LOL:)

Sounds like an awesome (if a bit pricey) tool!!! I'm wondering if it can detect a fever in a child, because then it would REALLY be worth owning! :)

Anyway, I love Alton Brown.

I love my Rival griddle to the point when the plastic shattered I spent two hours gluing it back together. It was just the plastic and it still works great. It's awesome.

Just wondering, why did you need the gridle? What's wrong with the stove and frying pan. Maybe I missed something but it almost sonded like you couldn't make pancakes specificaly because you did not have gridle?

Just wondering, why did you need the gridle? What's wrong with the stove and frying pan. Maybe I missed something but it almost sonded like you couldn't make pancakes specificaly because you did not have gridle?

I use a griddle just because I can make more pancakes at a time. I can only get 4 out at a time on the stove, I get 8 when I use the big countertop griddle. Also my kitchen is pretty small, so I can get the bacon done on the stove while my husband mans the pancakes, and we're not elbowing each other in the gut!

Slightly off-topic, but my biggest pancake problem is consistency. My pancakes either turn into crepes (not in the good ways-just really thin/runny) or they set up on the pan and don't spread at all. Now THAT is annoying.

P.S. From watching Good Eats (with Alton Brown), I found this nifty little device. Now I always know when my griddle is at the exact 375 degrees for pancake perfection (so long as the batter is the right consistency :LOL:)

I had that problem the last time I made pancakes. I mistakingly add a little too much water to the mix, the batter was a bit too thin and the pancakes ended up being like crepes!

And they didn't even suck up the syrup!!

Last edited:
I never had any luck making pancakes in a frying pan mainly because I cook with electric. I much prefer the griddle, it's faster and you do get more done at a time without having to use any butter or oil. I swear by my griddle.

With a griddle you can make 4 pancakes at once, and cook 4 slices of bacon and 4 breakfast sausages at the same time, so everything is hot when you serve it.

Back
Top Bottom