"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #11
Head Chef

WHAT??? There is a countertop turkey fryer???? Ok, be right back...heading to the store as we speak. ArticKatt, I'll pick one up for you too!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

I understand, if it's shiny and metal you have to have it!

Well, this proves that men aren't the only gadget freaks in the world.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
I have a farberware counter top convection oven. My mother bought it 20 years ago at least. I use it as she did: once or twice a year for large gatherings. She found it made a great roast beef.

The rest of the year it sits in the basement
Old 09-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #14
Head Chef

Andy, FINALLY someone who understands!!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:45 PM   #15
Sous Chef

I use my Nesco roaster in the summer when I don't want to heat up the kitchen just to roast a piece of meat.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #16
Cook

Send a message via ICQ to ArticKatt Send a message via MSN to ArticKatt Send a message via Yahoo to ArticKatt
HUmmmmmmm I could do without a oven what with all those neet countertop convection ovens and stuff some of them are pretty big. but I need a stove top. but you know we don't need a dinning room table hummmm no one in this house understands the way I feel. I would be happy with a Kitchen a bathroom and a bed. Mind you I would likely also be 400 lbs. LOL I am working on losing weight and now with a diabetic in the house its getting a bit harder I am working with unsweetened chocolate today. trying to get it to taste good and be smooth enough for truffles. I am sweeting it with stevia. OH I would love so many nice things to make life easier a chocolate tempper (spelling) would be nice as well. Choclate everyone in this house understands chocolate
Old 10-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #17
Hospitality Queen

htc, I thought of you yesterday when I heard an ad on the radio. They said "kitchen appliances are the jewelry of your kitchen". Well said! And, I'm thinking you have enough "jewelry" as the Queen!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #18
Head Chef

jkath, in those terms, I really want major BLING BLING.

BTW, I hit the jackpot this weekend...My granny let me stop by and raid her kitchen because she's moving. I picked up a bunch of old fashione really nice Tupperware...and the real brand name too, not like my fake-y stuff. She also gave me a big pot for soup, a roasting pan, a salad shooter (I've always loved this but never bought one) and a bigger crockpot!!!

Yippeeee!!! I can actually make Crewsk's mac/cheese in a crockpot w/o my crockpot overfilling now!!
I don't think I can fit anything else in my cabinets.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #19
Sous Chef

Lucky you!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

Oh boy. I'm wiping my eyes with a tissue as I write this message. Sad but true, I am one of many, as I see htc is, a member of countertop appliances anonymous, or CAA as we fondly refer to it. Alas, the only thing that will save me is eventually I'll run out of counter space and I'll either have to give up my addiction, redo my kitchen adding more countertops, or move. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I, again like htc, am looking for a really good toaster-convection oven. There's just the 2 of us, well 3 if you count our dog, and I hate heating up the everyday oven when I don't have to, especially in our hot, humid, Georgia summers. Right now I have a DeLonghi Jet Rotisserie. The timer doesn't work and I didn't see that it took any less time than my conventional oven.

Anyone have any success or positive experiences with any? I also didn't want to spend an arm and a leg!

Thanks y'all.