"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 09-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Head Chef

Countertop Convection Oven

Hi, I was in a kitchen store yesterday and noticed a small stove top unit from Krups called a countertop convection oven. Does anyone have this model or anything similar?

It's about the size of my current toaster oven so was hoping once the toaster dies to replace it w/ one of these bad boys.

Thoughts? Do they cook evenly? I noticed on the Krups model, you could bake stuff like muffins, creme brulee, etc.
Thanks

Old 09-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #2
Hospitality Queen

htc...I think you're addicted to small kitchen appliances....step away from the convection oven....

Seriously, that sounds like a neat little invention!

Old 09-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Head Chef

hahahah, you've caught me jkath!! I'm addicted to ANYTHING kitchen related. I told DH that if he catches me spraying our current toaster oven w/ water, just walk away.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
Hospitality Queen

I think one of my favorite (and used at least twice a day) kitchen goodies is my stick blender that doubles as a tiny food chopper.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
Hi, I was in a kitchen store yesterday and noticed a small stove top unit from Krups called a countertop convection oven. Does anyone have this model or anything similar?

It's about the size of my current toaster oven so was hoping once the toaster dies to replace it w/ one of these bad boys.

Thoughts? Do they cook evenly? I noticed on the Krups model, you could bake stuff like muffins, creme brulee, etc.
Thanks
My mother has one large enough to hold a 13x9 pan. All she's ever done is use it like a small oven. It seems to cook evenly enough, but not any faster that a regular oven. I don't know what brand, but she's had it for a while. The only problem is her electrical service. She has a regular oven, the small oven and a microwave oven and only 2 or the 3 can be used at the same time.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
Head Chef

hmm, that's good to know Devine. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:03 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
We also use this type of oven, it is Italian made (La Supercalor), looks like a large microwave. It works wonderfully, functionality is just the same as the regular oven, the only problem we have is that when we make pizza, it has to be baked one at a time!!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #8
Master Chef

htc

We have sent your photo to all kitchen stores in the Pacific Northwest and requested that it be posted prominently near the registers, lest you are tempted by yet more countertop appliances!

We are in the process of notifying mail order sources of your compulsion, as well.

We are your friends and we are here to help!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #9
Cook

Send a message via ICQ to ArticKatt Send a message via MSN to ArticKatt Send a message via Yahoo to ArticKatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema
htc

We have sent your photo to all kitchen stores in the Pacific Northwest and requested that it be posted prominently near the registers, lest you are tempted by yet more countertop appliances!

We are in the process of notifying mail order sources of your compulsion, as well.

We are your friends and we are here to help!
Are you saying there is something wrong with buying countertop appliances! I will have you know that I think there is never enough countertop appliances. I think there is such a thing as not enough countertop. I was looking at a countertop roaster the other day. Hummmm I wonder. I don't think we eat enough roasts for me to get away with adding this to the kitchen. But at the top of my christmas wish list is a filtered kettle and a food processor.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:08 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticKatt
Are you saying there is something wrong with buying countertop appliances! I will have you know that I think there is never enough countertop appliances. I think there is such a thing as not enough countertop. I was looking at a countertop roaster the other day. Hummmm I wonder. I don't think we eat enough roasts for me to get away with adding this to the kitchen. But at the top of my christmas wish list is a filtered kettle and a food processor.

You could add slightly more countertop by getting rid of your stove and going totally countertop-cooking!

Please ... no one show these people that countertop turkey fryer!