Crock-pot, advice on temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu

Senior Cook
Ok...... if low and high stabilize at the same temp.209. What does the temp. On the low (185-200) an d high(200-225) have to do with it? . I know that's how fast it gets to simmering point....using high or low but how is the simmering point only 209 when high can go from 200-225 degrees. And when you do the temperture on high it's higher than 209. Confused there..... Thx

this is what i read Using an instant read thermometer will ensure that your unit is up to temperature. Crock-Pot® SlowCcookers reach the simmer point and stabilize on both "High" and "Low" at about 209°F.

OK. The post by Walnut in the link Jen posted is identical to mumu's OP.

What's up? Did you copy someone else's post here or are you posting the same question in two places?

was reading the net and read this and didnt understand

Oh, it's you alright. You have many threads on Chowhound asking about simmering, roasting vs. baking, boiling, and so on. You've done the same thing here on DC. You've pretty much been given the same answers on both sites.

I have just found out my brother and his friend have been playing a very bad joke on me for a long while now. They thought it was pretty funny since the questions were very similar to mine and I didn't figure it out. Well now I did... And I can assure you it will not happen again.

Back
Top Bottom