Crock-pot with adjustable temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nradov

Assistant Cook
My sister is looking for a crock pot (slow cooker) with an adjustable temperature control. By adjustable I mean some way to set a specific temperature, not just low or high. I searched on Google but couldn't find anything like that. Does anyone here know of a suitable product?

K'Aid and All-Clad both have slow cookers with an adjustable temp control, but they cost about $150.00. Ouch!! Both had removable inserts.

The All-Clad one not only has a removable insert. It can also be used on the stove or in the oven.

Last edited:
For anything to adust the temp it needs some type of thermocouple - a temperature sensor, and the electronic stuff that goes with it. And it costs.

Sounds like a great idea. But I would have no idea how to set such a thing.

But if they were cheaply available, maybe we would learn.

Take care and Giod bless.

Temp adjustable slow cooker

You might want to look at the Cuisinart 6 Quart Cook Central Slow Cooker. It lets you adjust temperature in 25 degree intervals.

Crock pot with adjustable temperature?

I have the same one, Kayelle. Works great, I've even used it for small-batch canning. I've had it longer than the OP's post!

Last edited:
Another plus for the Nesco roaster here...I have the same one as Dawg and Kay, and it's never disappointed me. I love being able to sear/brown meats and slow cook them, all in the same countertop appliance. It doesn't 'boil' things, like the newer slow cookers do - unless you want it to. :LOL:

I've had my Nesco for many years too, and I like it a hundred times more than a crock pot. It's lighter in weight too for transporting food for a potluck.

Last edited:
So, I understand this is old, but what about using a precision cooking device? It definitely costs more than a crock pot, but it will definitely help with temp control!

Hi Amelia, and welcome.
I don't understand what you mean by a precision cooking device. The Nesco roaster we've just been discussing is a precision cooking device, and it costs no more than a crock pot.

Well Kayelee it is more expensive then a Crock Pot but not by much.

Crock Pots are dirt cheap but I'm thinking a more adjustable temperature control is well worth it. Low, Hi, and maybe Warm don't cut it.

I like my Crock Pots and have had much success with beans and chilies. I've even has success with more elaborate recipes as long as I'm around to keep an eye on them and watch cooking times.

But todays Crock Pots really seem to cook at too high a temp for the toss it in in the morning and have it still acceptable to eat at dinner time that I'd like to find and remember from days gone by.

Overcooked whatever is what I get if I attempt it these days with my newer crock pots.

The Nesco looks good but it only goes down to 200f. I'd like to find something lower if it's out there. Also 6qts is big for those of us cooking for one and sometimes smaller is better. But I know how to freeze leftovers so it might be the way to go for me.

Guess it's time for me to see what Google can do.

And folks, So what if a thread is old? This one has been timely and informative for me.

I'm old too and hopefully that won't relegate me to the scrap heap.
Cooking food is old too so I guess not cooking food is the way to go.
But I'll bet ya folks didn't cook food before they cooked it.
I'm so confused. ;)

Back
Top Bottom