Crockpot BBQ Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Has anyone tried this appliance? I did some research on it, and some say it is not worth it, because you really don't get a bbq out of it, it is just steamed meat and you can get the same result from the bbq pit if you use a cooking rack in a crockpot, and also it is just another gimmick to sell a crockpot.​

Last edited:
Yes, I have one.

But I think Rival had stopped making it. It's not on their website any more. Probably didn't sell too well. Don't see it in the stores now either. Target had it.

But I'm so glad that I got it when I did! It really works for me!

My brother has one. He says it's okay, but a real bear to store because it's so large and cumbersome. It was a Christmas gift and he says it's not the kind of thing he'd deliberately buy. He's had it for quite a few years and has used it about three times.

I have one and like it very well. True it is a bear to store, small price for a great piece of equipment. I have fed twenty people from one, ribs plus potatoes in one pot, super

I have one and like it very well. True it is a bear to store, small price for a great piece of equipment. I have fed twenty people from one, ribs plus potatoes in one pot, super

Yes, that's true.

When in use, it does strongly demand a considerable amount of kitchen real estate.

Amazon also sells stuff used, even if it has gone out of production. They might still have some new ones, but they're probably selling them used as well. Ebay does that too.

Last edited:
Amazon also sells stuff used, even if it has gone out of production. They might still have some new ones, but they're probably selling them used as well. Ebay does that too.
Yes, which means, as I said, they are available. The link I provided, however, is for new ones from a distributor (True Value hardware stores).

Back
Top Bottom