Crockpot Help/Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is a permanent fixture because of what's plugged into it. It hides behind the coffeemaker.
Don't drink coffee, the coffeemaker lives in the basement unless I have guests who drink coffee. The only things that live on my counters are 2 knife blocks (one for meat, one for veggies and fruit), and my utensil holder. Otherwise, everything else is put away unless it is being used. I hate stuff on the counters. I had to move and clean around way too much stuff on my mom's counters growing up. I have a drawer where the power bar could live.

I attached a power bar on the back of my kitchen island, helps with plugging and unplugging of the appliances that live on the island. Since it moves around, I have a choice of outlets.

Short cords are a pain in the butt but it is a safety issue.

They don't want you to drop a live wire/appliance in the sink.

Yes, Some folks do. :(

Outlets now need to be every 4 feet along the countertop and no closer then 12 inches from the sink.

Find a Crockpot that fits your needs and use an extension cord.

A lot of building codes and product safety requirements are for liability reasons.

Personally I believe people can sort these issues out for themselves if given the chance

I thought it was so you could not set the appliance too close to the edge of the counter where young hands to grab for it. It's definitely a safety thing at any rate.

Back
Top Bottom