Cuckoo vs Zojirushi rice cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbs

Cook
I'm new to rice cookers.I normally use 1 cup brown rice to 4 cups water.Here is the 3 I can't decide between.
Cuckoo-l-CRP-HS0657F $370
Amazon.com: Cuckoo Rice Cooker l CRP-HS0657F: Home & Kitchen
Cuckoo Crp-HN1054F $410
http://kimchius.com/cuckoo-rice-cooker-l-crp-hn1054f-black-silver.html
Zojirushi-NP-HTC18 $400
Amazon.com: Zojirushi NP-HTC18 Induction Heating 10-Cup (Uncooked) Pressure Rice Cooker and Warmer: Home & Kitchen

Yes I know it's allot for a rice cooker,it doesn't bother me.I eat rice often & want to purchase a really good rice cooker.I use brown,black,& wild rice.Rarely buy white.

Last edited:
Both brands are really good. I have owned both.

The last Cuckoo lasted for 4 years of constant service. Yes every day.

The one down side to the new Cuckoo is that it only talks in Korean... The manual is in English but I do not understand what it says.

The new Cuckoo CRP-HW1087F has an English voice guide. The minimum recommended amount to cook is 2 cups. I am not sure how the performance is for cooking only 1 cup of rice.

The GABA rice feature is especially nice because you can set it to be finished up to 13 hours (according to the manual but I don't see a reason you can't set it for up to 23 hours). This will include some pre germination time as well as germination time and cooking time. I am not sure how long germination time is in this mode. You can also choose 3 hours which will heat and maintain warm water for germination for 3 and then start cooking.

My understanding is that the Cuckoo products use greater pressure which is particularly good for brown rice. I do not have any personal experience comparing them.

The Cuckoo units have the multi cook feature which allows you to use the unit as an electric pressure cooker. They are intended to cook more than just rice and grains.

Check out the following video for the English speaking feature. There is also a "What's in the box" video and I will add a brown rice video now

Cuckoo Rice Cooker Speaks English - Voice Guide Selection CRP-HW1087F - YouTube

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom