Cuisinart Elite 16 cup Food Processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely love it! I also bought the mini version of it yesterday.

I want the 14cup model, just waiting for some extra $$.

Any comments on yours? Still like it? Anything you dont like?

I LOVE mine! No complaints whatsoever. I see that there's now a 12-cup Elite model, as well as the 14 and 16 cup models. I really don't find mine to be so huge that I wish I'd bought a smaller capacity one, although either of the others would have been fine.

I've never had a food processor with a dough speed before, and I love it for those times when I want to be a bit more gentle with whatever I'm processing. The bread doughs that I've made have been wonderful.

I really like the adjustable slicing disc, as well as the reversible shredding disc, too. All in all, I'm really happy with my purchase. I think all of the little complaints that I've had over the years with my food processors have been addressed with the Elite model. Hope you like yours when you get it.

Out of curiosity, what were your complaints about other FPs? I'm not familiar with the elites and I'd like to know what's new with them.

The only complaint I can think of right now with the KA FP we have is that using the small bowl requires and dirties the larger bowl as well.

My complaints weren't numerous, but the little things used to drive me crazy. I didn't like the way my KA chopped food, as the pieces were not very uniform. Even more importantly, it didn't seem to brake immediately, resulting in overprocessed foods. (My Cuisinarts always seemed to "stop on a dime.") I, like you, didn't like that the use of my small bowl always resulted in having to wash the large bowl, as well.

Food used to get in the handle of my other food processors, but I haven't noticed that happening at all with my Cuisinart Elite. Even if food gets under the gasket, the lid is made in such a way that the food will flush out with a good, strong stream of water.

As I said in my previous post, I LOVE the adjustable slicing disc, as well as the reversible shredding disc. Also, as I said, I really like the dough speed.

I'm sure there are other things that I could think of if I had more time, but those are some of the major ones.

kitchenaid is crap

My kitchenaid processer is literally falling a part .handle ,hub lugs and all. I'm going to buy a Robot Coupe R2AnnS , Three times as much dollars and can be used commercialy everyday without breaking. I have a 12 quart Hobart mixer that Humms quietly through 12 loaves of whole wheat or with the food grinder doesn't slow down . Compare that to my kitchenaid 5 qt stand mixer that screams loudly through anything ands stalls when using the food grinder. We are being sold crap with pretty buttons for houshold use. I will only buy commercial stuff now cause at least you only buy once and can resell if ya want. Regards Gage

It is made in usa ( or france) ( I'm in Canada and it comes from USA distributor ) $ 1000 CDN dollars . If I buy another kitchenaid I would have paid 2/3 of the robot coupe price and still have a toy. I think some robot coupe are France and some are USA. check out RobotCoupe.com. The one i'm getting is R2N ANN -two process bowls and lids ,one clear and one stainless ,plus the flow through slicer/shredder.
I think robotcoupe calls it an R2N Ultra in the states , only here you get a clear bowl plus stainless bowl and veg prep top.
check out the videos demonstations at the site robotcoupe.com

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered it today. Robot Coupe R2ANNS CLR .That's a robot Coupe R2n with a clear bowl /lid S blade : Stainless bowl /lid /S blade ,and the flow through slicer/shredder. I will be able to pass this on to kids/grandkids considering how often I use a FP. check out robotcoupeusa.com then go to video and go to r2dice

I've drooled over the R2 for years. I've used them for many years in restaurants and they're fantastic. Built to be completely bomb-proof. For home use, the new Robot Coupe R100-CLR would probably suffice. But for the money I think the Waring Commercial is a better deal. I've used it, it's pretty close to the equal of the Robot Coupe units but is actually more powerful and substantially cheaper.

warring

I had a government surplus Qualheim processer ( 12 or 14" vertical veg proccesser for a while ( owned by Waring ) waring was difficult to deal with for parts,plus before I bought a Hobart 12" meat slicer I tried out a Waring meat slicer and found it hard to use and difficult to clean / sanitize, so I won't look at Waring again ,it was made for the home market and built cheaply. I'm Canadian not American and Robot coupe is USA made ,Waring slicer was Chinese ,I will not knowingly purchase China made products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom