Cuisinart Soup Maker & Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melzie

Assistant Cook
Any reviews on this? I REALLY want the Vitamix blender but since it is so expensive i've been looking for other options that can do somethings the Vitamix can. Any other affordable options?

I did not know it was made in the US. That is very good to know. Every time I see them at the fairs it impresses me every time. If it is. Worth it maybe I'll start saving now. Haha

Not challenging the Vitamix as a great blender.

If you plan heavy use for your blender, including frequent and heavy duty use, a Vitamix or other heavy duty blender might be the way to go. If you plan occasional use for a blender, a less expensive alternative may be a smarter choice.

For example, I don't use a blender much. I have a $50 blender I bought some 10 years ago and it's still working great.

I saw the Cuisinart soup maker and blender and my first reaction was negative. This appliance makes no sense to me at all.

Just my opinion.

Not challenging the Vitamix as a great blender.

If you plan heavy use for your blender, including frequent and heavy duty use, a Vitamix or other heavy duty blender might be the way to go. If you plan occasional use for a blender, a less expensive alternative may be a smarter choice.

For example, I don't use a blender much. I have a $50 blender I bought some 10 years ago and it's still working great.

I saw the Cuisinart soup maker and blender and my first reaction was negative. This appliance makes no sense to me at all.

Just my opinion.

Seemed like a really odd appliance to me too. I just don't get it.

So all the Vitamix and Soup Blender do is cream the ingredients for a soup. As far as the heating element, why? I would think you are heating the ingredients on the stove first anyway. I would rather simmer my soups on the stove. Am I missing something here? :ermm:

If you're looking for a way to blend soups, there's nothing that beats an immersion blender for ease of use.

KL21GMwf-XzWASSMZ8wBAARmvndYx6Hu0F4-nUreHT4tPl6PDaYqIQIGuKOycG9yzCi8SprjygoH8uldnd5MmK53Bn13VMOlaW78j6T5wR4Pl2K-qQ_l-QsHnGfrVGN94L_iC_E63vOcGFptHu2uYiuhDB5Dm8U8dwoZUd1GQtFp2ba4f6H8SLJsFuEwgB6r-ieQ1BE2ncBCiivVRf_wVT01D6BK

The blender part of that soup heater / blender machine just seems so gimmicky to me. The blender part of the machine can not be any more powerful than the average blender considering it's price. I'd rather save up for something really, really nice (like the VitaMix) then waste money on an item that only does a so-so job and doesn't get used.

I saw it on tv and loved how you can make soup in the blender and it heats while doing it. The vitamix is a plus because you can throw the rind of pineapple and oranges and other fruits in and tastes amazing. Just looking for other options

I'll probably go with the vitamix. I've heard nothing but good reviews about it except for price. Thanks for all the advise :-D.

I'll probably go with the vitamix. I've heard nothing but good reviews about it except for price. Thanks for all the advise :-D.
You might try to find a second hand Vita-Mix that hasn't been used much. If you looked closely enough you might even find a late model still in the box.

Have you considered a Magic Bullet? I bought one recently. I got it at Costco for about $50 and it has a blender container along with all the smaller jars. I like that I can grind spices, etc. with it, but I have only tried grinding coffee with it so far.

When I was researching grinding devices, I came across an Indian cooking forum and a discussion of "mixie" blenders. They are powerful blenders made in India. They can wet or dry grind spices. For examples of mixies: 550 Watts Mixer grinder 110Volt Indian Mixie Butterfly Preethi Sumeet Premier Reviews Best price USA

Back
Top Bottom