Cuisinart versus Viking food processors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which food processor?

• Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus Food Processor

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Viking Food Processor

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at Macy's again brousing around in the small appliance section. Went to remove the small chopping blade from the mini bowl of the small K'Aid food processor, accidentally touch the sharp edge of the blade and cut my thumb!!

Those things are WICKED sharp!!

There is no real reason to expect lower quality products from companies that make different products.

It doesn't matter that Conair bought the Cuisinart small appliance business. They bought the expertise as well.

Viking may make sewing machines, snow blowers and chain saws, but they also make stoves and cookware as well as kitchen appliances. The success or failure of one product does not predict the success or failure of the others.

These days, big companies get bigger buy purchasing other companies in areas they are interested in. If the products they are buying are good and they are smart, they will leave them alone.

Corey, I wouldn't worry about your Cuisinart blowing hot air on your food or your hair dryer chopping up your ear.

Last edited:
Haven't read this thread, so I might be out of date in my response but...

Am I paying for this food processor? If so, I'm going with the Cuisinart (actually I'm going with a KitchenAid, but hey). If I'm not? I'll take the Viking every time. It's better, it's just not extra money better for my wallet.

I was at Macy's again brousing around in the small appliance section. Went to remove the small chopping blade from the mini bowl of the small K'Aid food processor, accidentally touch the sharp edge of the blade and cut my thumb!!

Those things are WICKED sharp!!

Lol I just did that the other day, as well. The mini blade was in my "miscellaneous" drawer. I didn't even hit the blade with any pressure but it sliced right through my finger.

There is no real reason to expect lower quality products from companies that make different products.

It doesn't matter that Conair bought the Cuisinart small appliance business. They bought the expertise as well.

Viking may make sewing machines, snow blowers and chain saws, but they also make stoves and cookware as well as kitchen appliances. The success or failure of one product does not predict the success or failure of the others.

These days, big companies get bigger buy purchasing other companies in areas they are interested in. If the products they are buying are good and they are smart, they will leave them alone.

Corey, I wouldn't worry about your Cuisinart blowing hot air on your food or your hair dryer chopping up your ear.

Not to get off topic, but I DO have a Conair hair dryer as well. Haha!!
And BTW, I gave away the Cuisinart machine after I got the K'Aid machine.

Popinfresh;

That happened to me at home as well with the K'Aid machine. I was washing one of the slicing disks by hand when it happened.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom