Dacor stove top?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hersheyabc

Assistant Cook
I am about to replace our Kitchenaid gas stove top and am seriously considering the Dacor 36'' gas cooktop. It definitely has more BTU then our current stove top. Please let me know what you think of this stove top if you have it??? How easy is it to clean? I am also not sure what color to order white or stainless steel...again which is easier to clean?
Thanks!!

I'm afraid to say I don't have this stovetop. But I'm not afraid to say that any cook top is more fancy pants than any gas top. Go for it, my fire-cooking freind.

I had a Dacor 6-burner gas top that I just loved - had to leave it when we moved out of the state! Mine had a black top WITHOUT the sealed burners. I muchpreferred to have any spills go staight on thru and not burn into the burner bottoms.

I don't have a Dacor cooktop but have Kenmore. I had a Dacor microwave. It was one of the most stylish one I had seen. It was complete with an LCD panel, recipes and a little chef to say enjoy your meal once it finished heating it. I love their sleek design similar to Wolf. The microwave did however go bad and the entire unit had to be replaced. It must just have been a lemon but I have heard that their defect rates are pretty high.

I still would buy what I like and get the extended warranty. I read reviews and take them with a grain of salt. A lot has to do with luck.

The only recommendation I would have is to go with sealed burners and a stainless steel (completely) enclosed cooktop. I have that with my Kenmore and also have a 36 inch built in on an island and love it. It's easy to clean, I can spray oven cleaner to get the tough spots out and unlike black it does not have to be shining and streak free to look clean. I am a clean freak and a bit anal so anything black just does not work for me.

Back
Top Bottom