"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Miss Elf...I like your kitchen and garden. The only thing I would add would be a huge Money tree in lthe back yard that produced a year round crop of $100 bills!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #22
Executive Chef

I'm pretty happy with the set-up I have now. I would like to add a 36" range and get the microwave off the counter. Micro-hood?

One thing I would like to do is have an area for the DW to do her baking. Like a kitchen next to a kitchen so she have her mixers and 'junk' at her disposal. It's tough when both of us are trying to cook at the same time.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #23
Executive Chef

I like all the ideas you guys have but while we are dreaming and since in dreams money is no object I would love to have a person to do the tedious prep work and that they clean up afterwards,I would pay them very well.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossie View Post
OO OO OOOOOOOOO

I like that Kitchenelf!!!! Where did you get that? Was it terribly expensive? That is just what I need in the kitchen, maybe even 2 of them. :-)
Gossie - are you talking about the steel rack? I do have two of them! I got them at Sam's Club. They were somewhere around $80.00 each or so?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:53 AM   #25
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Gossie - are you talking about the steel rack? I do have two of them! I got them at Sam's Club. They were somewhere around $80.00 each or so?

Yep, dem's the ones!!!!! Didn't think of that place, and GOOD PRICE!!! Present kitchen has NO SPACE for a pantry, and I need the extra room. Thank you so much .. :-)
Old 09-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossie View Post
Yep, dem's the ones!!!!! Didn't think of that place, and GOOD PRICE!!! Present kitchen has NO SPACE for a pantry, and I need the extra room. Thank you so much .. :-)
You can get them online from the manufacturer, Seville Classics, if you don't have a Sam's near you. The price is the same but you have to have at least $100.00 order for free shipping. I got mine from Sam's but ordered extra shelves for them from Seville.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #27
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Picture of cruvinet here. Sorry, I spelled it wrong. Each one of those "wands" gets placed into an open wine bottle and they pump nitrogen into the wine to keep them fresher for longer. Then you just pour through the tap. They certainly won't keep them forever but they stand a MUCH better shot at lasting 5-7 days or so.
Thanks, Kitchenelf, for the explanation! I just learned something new today!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #28
Assistant Cook

Actually, I have my fantasy kitchen - when my wife an I bought our new home two years ago we decided to go all out on the kitchen because we love to cook and entertain.

Double convection ovens, plenty of counter space, island, double sinks, large fridge, lots of electrical outlets, pantry on the side, built-in microwave, gas stove top and it is all located to be central to the dining room, living room and deck.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Mines good for now... except for maybe some more counter space. OH and can I have it moved to Mexico please?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Our present kitchen is so pathetic I can't even describe it. We have plans to remodel it, but until the time and the $$$$$$$$$$$$ magically appears, we're stuck with it.

I've designed my ideal kitchen and that's what we'll create when the time comes. It includes double wall ovens, a large island with a big pot rack overhead. Large, deep sinks and a spacious pantry. I've allocated a nice big space in a large bay window area for the table. Our house sits on an acre and the bay window would look out onto the back yard, which is filled with huge shade trees. It's beautiful back there and I enjoy looking out to see the birds and other living things.

There will be plenty of counter space and ample cabinets to store all our cooking toys/tools.

When we redo the kitchen, we'll be destroying the current breakfast room that is adjacent to the dining room and family room. That space will be turned into a special downstairs bathroom and a butler's pantry.

As I said, just time and money.