Describe your FANTASY KITCHEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovestobake - how about if I have Andrea Bocelli singing in the garden - will that be ok? And yes, tea anytime you want it. On alternating days I'll have Il Divo there.:)
OOOOH! MY! Now that's quite a fantasy for sure, and just wouldn't that be wonderful. We could all swoon over that beautiful voice, and would never want to leave, but it sounds like a great fantasy plan to me!:cool: Count me in on this one! I'll be there with plenty of tea cookies for everyone, and anything else you want me to bring! :chef: ;)

:LOL: - OK, in my REAL fantasy kitchen I want dishwasher drawers, a couple refrigerated drawers in the island, a glass refrigerator (freezer on porch), commercial range, big chunky cement countertops with farmhouse sink. If one wall was removed in the kitchen there is already another sink on the porch so that one can be a farmhouse sink too. I still like the classic French Country chicken wire cabinets with some open. Lots of open shelving/steel racks for easy access to my "stuff" Lots of built-in book shelves for books AND more bowls and such that I use all the time. You can include the herb garden (I live in total shade so herbs do NOT grow) but if it were out back they would grow (it's just all cement right now). A place for my dried herbs on a shallow, single shelf versus a pull-put drawer that I have now where they get all jumbled up.

Still want the hooked up to water espresso machine, a deep fryer in the counter.

My kitchen now has the old-timey tin ceiling tiles so I'll definitely be keeping that and I'll keep my pot rack above the island.
img_478162_0_deb3344c32387c8b1451d03883b3ad7b.jpg

In all I would like better organized storage in all my cabinets.
I'll ditch Andrea but I still want Il Divo :-p but it will be a CD I guess :(

:LOL: - OK, in my REAL fantasy kitchen I want dishwasher drawers, a couple refrigerated drawers in the island, a glass refrigerator (freezer on porch), commercial range, big chunky cement countertops with farmhouse sink. If one wall was removed in the kitchen there is already another sink on the porch so that one can be a farmhouse sink too. I still like the classic French Country chicken wire cabinets with some open. Lots of open shelving/steel racks for easy access to my "stuff" Lots of built-in book shelves for books AND more bowls and such that I use all the time. You can include the herb garden (I live in total shade so herbs do NOT grow) but if it were out back they would grow (it's just all cement right now). A place for my dried herbs on a shallow, single shelf versus a pull-put drawer that I have now where they get all jumbled up.

Still want the hooked up to water espresso machine, a deep fryer in the counter.

My kitchen now has the old-timey tin ceiling tiles so I'll definitely be keeping that and I'll keep my pot rack above the island.

In all I would like better organized storage in all my cabinets.
I'll ditch Andrea but I still want Il Divo :-p but it will be a CD I guess :(
Love your kitchen, we'll help push the wall out to make it larger, but please don't ditch, Andrea. I'll bring him on a CD if we can't have him in person, :rolleyes: if that would help. I just love those Italian tenors! :angel: Don't you like them Katie? They send you off to fantasy land for sure! :cool:

I want Kitchenelf's ceiling, pot rack and pots and pans :) Very nice, KE!!

img_478289_0_deb3344c32387c8b1451d03883b3ad7b.jpg

OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO I like the idea of dishwasher drawers. I LIKE IT A LOT!!!!! Gonna let you come here and design my kitchen when I win the lotto and am able to afford a new kitchen. :)

I love your glassed cabinets too. I don't want to clean my fingerprints off them tho. LoL It won't stop me from getting them tho. :)

And I'm really into the racks and open pantry idea.

I have an idea for your herb garden. You big clay pots and only plant what you know you're going to use. Or plant in layers so you can harvest at different times.

I think I'm going to get a couple of the pantry racks that Kitchenelf has. I can, of course, use them for pantry items, but I can hang my pots and pans off it as well. Thank you so much Kitchenelf :)

Gossie - I have pots and pans hanging off the sides and at one time I even had a big Italian bowl hanging in the back, now there is a big glass pitcher. I have two lamps (one at the top, one towards the middle). If you put books on them just put a big board at one end so they don't fall off. Really, it's a functional piece and can be appealing to look at at the same time. You can buy sheets of acrylic if you want a more stable environment (for smaller items) to set things on. Enjoy decorating it! I want to see pics when you are done!

For starters, nothing would have to be stored on the counters. There'd be adequate cupboard space for everything, with the most used appliances- for me, the toaster, blender and coffeemaker, within easiest reach. The room would have to be large to accommodate the needed cupboards- including a china cabinet and a desk space with drawers. Lots of natural light, please- big windows are a must. Track lighting overhead. At least 2 ovens and a built in microwave. Sub-Zero fridge with a pull out freezer on the bottom and double doors for refrigerated items. Pull out shelves. Bosch dishwasher. Island with seating. Slab Italian granite. Italian tile floor. Walk in pantry. I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of right now.

I am with KitchenElf. I would love to have everything she indicates :). I do have a 36 inch built in all refrigerator and a seperate freezer and while it was not cheap it's the best. I can have 4 gallons of milk in my door. Tons of juices and when I have a party it's so easy to store everything in that large space.

I have a warming drawer which I love as well. It's so nice to warm plates to add ambience when eating or just to proof my dough or yogurt in the cold months. It keeps things at a perfect temperature without drying it out.

My kitchen has a lot of bells and whistles but I think there is always room for improvement. We have a store here called ABT and they have the best kitchen displays I have seen. I love the Wolf appliances with the big red knobs and the wok ring with the high BTU to do a nice stir fry.

I am looking to finish my basement and surely I will go for two dishwashers (one side with two drawers and other with a regular) it is very handy when you have parties.

Finally the one thing I love and have is a Walk in Pantry. It is built with proper shelving (solid kind and not the wire kind), pull out drawers etc and I try and keep it organized. It has room to store my gazillion spices :)

Ugh, spices, I think I need a pantry just for spices. I have way too many. :)

I vote we go to KE's kitchen. :)

I just really have so many more spices, extracts and concentrated flavored oils than I have room for them, that I have to nearly take everything off the shelves to get to what I want to use at any given time. I'm in bad need of a complete kitchen/pantry make over. :blush: Yes, let's go to KE's, I'm all for that!! :cool:

I just really have so many more spices, extracts and concentrated flavored oils than I have room for them, that I have to nearly take everything off the shelves to get to what I want to use at any given time. I'm in bad need of a complete kitchen/pantry make over. :blush: Yes, let's go to KE's, I'm all for that!! :cool:

LOL But is KE up to it?? !!!!

I talked my husband into the pantry thing that KE has, just a matter of getting the time to get it now. :)

LOL But is KE up to it?? !!!!

I talked my husband into the pantry thing that KE has, just a matter of getting the time to get it now. :)
Oh my! That's an excellent question. Did she invite us, or did we invite ourselves? I've lost track by now, but I think she originally invited us, and we were going to bring along some treat to go with tea or coffee, along with some good garden strolling music, but that was in her fantasy, so that may not count. ;) Time, yes, time to do things is a problem, but I like that pantry idea. :cool:

;)Ah!Yes the old not enough space for spices,vinegars etc problem I have tried everything to make them more accessable nothing works so I store all the whole spices needed for Indian food in the laundry room on a rack on the back of door.My dream kitchen would definatley include a huge spice cabinet maybe with some sort of gigantic revolving spice rack right next to the stove and prep area.My other dilemma is do I store alphabetically or by herbs and then spices then the vinegars.I dont mind storing oils some where else close by.As much as I try I cant keep it all organized as much as I like due to lack of space.I would also love a huge walk in pantry I have a big pantry closet but things get a bit tight in there

Oh, I forgot about all the different kinds of vinegars I have, and right now, I store those along with the cooking oils, but the other concentrated oils for flavoring baking etc., such as lemon, lime, peanut butter, coconut, peach and others in 1 oz. bottles that are used with a medicine dropper by the drop, I store with the extracts. I just have accumulated so many different things to use to flavor, and yes it's nice, but it would be a lot more convenient if it were more organized with more of a space to organize it. :(

I basically have anything flavor or color-wise in the same area, spices, extracts, vinegars, and oil. I didn't, mind you, say that it was well-stored. LoL I'm wondering if I could get everything stored PROPERLY, if I could put a lock on the kitchen door and not allow anyone to mess up my nicely organized storage. Yea right, like the family would allow me to do that. hehe

:LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

You all got sick of fantacizing, huh? LOL

Do any of you watch Rachael Ray, this year's 30-minute meals? They redid the kitchen and she has this cupboard(?) that she pulls out. It's very tall, and I would say that it is cabinet-wide, but I'm not sure. This looks like it would be a great pantry for people that just don't have a seperate room for a pantry. One shelf of this pull out pantry could totally be devoted to my spices, vinegars and oils.

You know, the only thing wrong with fantacizing is that you get sad that you can't have it all !!!! lol

Mine is always one of those stainless steel and white enamel (with red accents) Kitchens of the Future from technicolor featurettes of the 1030s they show on TCM -- with all the modular stuff that turns inside out and upside down and does tricks. I would like to adapt one of those to hide small appliances and make them swivel out of the wall already plugged in. I guess I'm just Ming the Merciless at heart.

Back
Top Bottom