"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #41
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Lovestobake - how about if I have Andrea Bocelli singing in the garden - will that be ok? And yes, tea anytime you want it. On alternating days I'll have Il Divo there.
OOOOH! MY! Now that's quite a fantasy for sure, and just wouldn't that be wonderful. We could all swoon over that beautiful voice, and would never want to leave, but it sounds like a great fantasy plan to me! Count me in on this one! I'll be there with plenty of tea cookies for everyone, and anything else you want me to bring!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Lovestobake - how about if I have Andrea Bocelli singing in the garden - will that be ok? And yes, tea anytime you want it. On alternating days I'll have Il Divo there.
Okay, Vicky. In the vernacular of my area, "You've gone from pryin' to meddlin'." Oh, yes let's do Andrea and Il Divo!

Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
- OK, in my REAL fantasy kitchen I want dishwasher drawers, a couple refrigerated drawers in the island, a glass refrigerator (freezer on porch), commercial range, big chunky cement countertops with farmhouse sink. If one wall was removed in the kitchen there is already another sink on the porch so that one can be a farmhouse sink too. I still like the classic French Country chicken wire cabinets with some open. Lots of open shelving/steel racks for easy access to my "stuff" Lots of built-in book shelves for books AND more bowls and such that I use all the time. You can include the herb garden (I live in total shade so herbs do NOT grow) but if it were out back they would grow (it's just all cement right now). A place for my dried herbs on a shallow, single shelf versus a pull-put drawer that I have now where they get all jumbled up.

Still want the hooked up to water espresso machine, a deep fryer in the counter.

My kitchen now has the old-timey tin ceiling tiles so I'll definitely be keeping that and I'll keep my pot rack above the island.

In all I would like better organized storage in all my cabinets.
I'll ditch Andrea but I still want Il Divo but it will be a CD I guess

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #44
Assistant Cook

Quote:
- OK, in my REAL fantasy kitchen I want dishwasher drawers, a couple refrigerated drawers in the island, a glass refrigerator (freezer on porch), commercial range, big chunky cement countertops with farmhouse sink. If one wall was removed in the kitchen there is already another sink on the porch so that one can be a farmhouse sink too. I still like the classic French Country chicken wire cabinets with some open. Lots of open shelving/steel racks for easy access to my "stuff" Lots of built-in book shelves for books AND more bowls and such that I use all the time. You can include the herb garden (I live in total shade so herbs do NOT grow) but if it were out back they would grow (it's just all cement right now). A place for my dried herbs on a shallow, single shelf versus a pull-put drawer that I have now where they get all jumbled up.

Still want the hooked up to water espresso machine, a deep fryer in the counter.

My kitchen now has the old-timey tin ceiling tiles so I'll definitely be keeping that and I'll keep my pot rack above the island.

In all I would like better organized storage in all my cabinets.
I'll ditch Andrea but I still want Il Divo but it will be a CD I guess
Love your kitchen, we'll help push the wall out to make it larger, but please don't ditch, Andrea. I'll bring him on a CD if we can't have him in person, if that would help. I just love those Italian tenors! Don't you like them Katie? They send you off to fantasy land for sure!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:10 AM   #45
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
I want Kitchenelf's ceiling, pot rack and pots and pans :-) Very nice, KE!!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #46
Sous Chef

Quote:

OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO I like the idea of dishwasher drawers. I LIKE IT A LOT!!!!! Gonna let you come here and design my kitchen when I win the lotto and am able to afford a new kitchen. :-)

I love your glassed cabinets too. I don't want to clean my fingerprints off them tho. LoL It won't stop me from getting them tho. :-)

And I'm really into the racks and open pantry idea.

I have an idea for your herb garden. You big clay pots and only plant what you know you're going to use. Or plant in layers so you can harvest at different times.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #47
Sous Chef

I think I'm going to get a couple of the pantry racks that Kitchenelf has. I can, of course, use them for pantry items, but I can hang my pots and pans off it as well. Thank you so much Kitchenelf :-)
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Gossie - I have pots and pans hanging off the sides and at one time I even had a big Italian bowl hanging in the back, now there is a big glass pitcher. I have two lamps (one at the top, one towards the middle). If you put books on them just put a big board at one end so they don't fall off. Really, it's a functional piece and can be appealing to look at at the same time. You can buy sheets of acrylic if you want a more stable environment (for smaller items) to set things on. Enjoy decorating it! I want to see pics when you are done!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #49
Cook

For starters, nothing would have to be stored on the counters. There'd be adequate cupboard space for everything, with the most used appliances- for me, the toaster, blender and coffeemaker, within easiest reach. The room would have to be large to accommodate the needed cupboards- including a china cabinet and a desk space with drawers. Lots of natural light, please- big windows are a must. Track lighting overhead. At least 2 ovens and a built in microwave. Sub-Zero fridge with a pull out freezer on the bottom and double doors for refrigerated items. Pull out shelves. Bosch dishwasher. Island with seating. Slab Italian granite. Italian tile floor. Walk in pantry. I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of right now.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #50
Head Chef

I am with KitchenElf. I would love to have everything she indicates :-). I do have a 36 inch built in all refrigerator and a seperate freezer and while it was not cheap it's the best. I can have 4 gallons of milk in my door. Tons of juices and when I have a party it's so easy to store everything in that large space.

I have a warming drawer which I love as well. It's so nice to warm plates to add ambience when eating or just to proof my dough or yogurt in the cold months. It keeps things at a perfect temperature without drying it out.

My kitchen has a lot of bells and whistles but I think there is always room for improvement. We have a store here called ABT and they have the best kitchen displays I have seen. I love the Wolf appliances with the big red knobs and the wok ring with the high BTU to do a nice stir fry.

I am looking to finish my basement and surely I will go for two dishwashers (one side with two drawers and other with a regular) it is very handy when you have parties.

Finally the one thing I love and have is a Walk in Pantry. It is built with proper shelving (solid kind and not the wire kind), pull out drawers etc and I try and keep it organized. It has room to store my gazillion spices :-)