Describe your FANTASY KITCHEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gossie

Sous Chef
I haven't formulated my whole fantasy kitchen, it's a work in progress. Chances are I will NEVER be able to afford it, but I can dream, can't I?

I know I want both an electric stove/oven and a gas stove/oven and a large pantry. I want 2 freezers, at least, I'm planning on a lot of make-aheads, and a lot of ice cream. :)

If you ever watch Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals, the most recent episodes, she has redone her kitchen. I love that pull out pantry she has, that would be just so perfect for me.

So tell me about YOUR fantasy kitchen, I might revise mine. hehe

if I had to dream.... you know those self cleaning ovens? I would like a self-cleaning kitchen :)

barring that - a dishwasher would be freaking awesome!

everything else would be gravy... double oven, fridge that makes water and ice on the door, a walk in pantry, an island, wine refridgerator, lots and lots of counter space.

My fantasy kitchen consists of"

First and foremost everyone should know that the view from my kitchen is of the Mediterranean Ocean. I'll start outside in the HUGE herb garden with rosemary bushes 5' tall, lemons, every herb you can think of (parsley, sage, salad burnett, Greek oregano, every kind of thyme you can think of, bay, fruit trees, ok, and an olive tree or two) - ok, so you are looking up towards the house and you walk up these wide, wide, wide, wide stairs that leads first to an outdoor space with a fireplace, lounge chairs built for two, wispy curtains on the 4-poster bed that just happens to be in the corner for taking naps, and a "dining room" area with tons of candles above for ambient lighting at night.

OK, you finally get to walk in the kitchen - tile floor - probably a terra cotta handmade in the village I live in :rolleyes: The cabinetry is mostly open but there are a few doors here and there and some even have chicken wire on them. They look like pieces of furniture versus just cabinets and they are an off whitish but have a darker patina around any moldings and look like they have been around for 100's of years! There are accents of different blues to match that beautiful ocean I can look out at with an accent of lemon yellow here and orangey reds there. Of course, there are also greens that go so well with all the green in that garden my doors open wide up to. (HEY, YOU ASKED SO DON'T ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME! :LOL:)

There IS going to be an AGA 4-oven traditional range (do I have to pick out the color now?) and there will also be a French door oven mounted in the wall. Also in the wall will be a built-in espresso maker, wine cooler, of course a cruvenet (3 whites, 2 reds is fine for now :rolleyes:) and of course the refrigerator will be all glass. The freezer will be in the big walk-in pantry area off to the side.

Oh, forgot to mention that right before you come into the kitchen (oh, off to the right maybe) will be a little area where I can wash herbs, snip flowers and plants, and basically "play" in the dirt potting stuff.

OK, back to my kitchen - countertops are going to be big, fat, rustic, and concrete. There will be several farm sinks on either side. The island will be open to show off the beautiful bowls I bought in Italy :rolleyes: (hey, I went there on my fantasy vacation, ok?) and the many dishes I have collected through the years - some from my neighbor just down the street (OK, I had to come in and edit out street - my neighbor does NOT live down the street, he lives down the country dirt road) who sells his wares to some American company for 100's of dollars per plate :-p Above the island will be a couple shelves running from side to side where I can store my most used bowls, supplies, cookbooks, pots and pans will be hanging all around.

There will be flowers everywhere, vases of herbs, oh, I forgot my spice rack!

Are you about to hurl yet? I'll stop. :ROFLMAO:

DANG, I almost forgot the multiple water features in the garden and on the porch area. Some features with fish, some with lilies, some with well, just water and rocks. OK, I'm done for now :ermm:

Oh, and a personal baker and pastry chef.

Last edited:
I just renovated my really old kitchen but could only do so much with the budget. I would love to have a built-in double oven, 3 electrical outlets on every wall, a drain in the middle of the kitchen floor, and a stand alone freezer. Maybe someday....

Kitchenelf, I enjoyed "visiting" your dream kitchen. You do have a great imagination! Pardon me if I ask, what are (or is) cruvenet? (I thought I knew it all!)

Kitchenelf, I enjoyed "visiting" your dream kitchen. You do have a great imagination! Pardon me if I ask, what are (or is) cruvenet? (I thought I knew it all!)

Yea, me too. She forgot the personal maid to do the dishes too. LoL

I'd love to have more than one sink as well. And it definitely needs to have one of those overhead sprayers to fill soup and pasta pots and to wash those pots. :)

But I think I mostly need Kitchenelf to design my kitchen and backyard. :)

It would be huge, with lots and lots of storage space.
And I would be able to afford to pay for all the electricity that my cooker and several fridges and freezers costs.
I would also be able to afford to keep all my many cupboards completly stocked with every possible ingredient I would need to cook whatever I want to cook, whenever I feel like it. :)

Mel

Wow !! A fantasy Kitchen, My dream Kitchen.. !! :sleep:
If i seriously sit down and start planning about it, even the wealthiest person on this earth will not be able to afford it for sure, not that i will install gold or diamonds somewhere in my kitchen, but my kitchen will include everything a girl wants in her kitchen. :cool:
Very Very Spacious, Best refrigerators, freezers, Ovens, BBQ grills, All kinds of best cookware, utensils, ... and what not? You name it and my 'dream kitchen' will have it !:)
Hmmm, My Dream Kitchen:rolleyes:

We just remodeled our kitchen and I did pretty much everything that I wanted that the space allowed - I would like more space to do more! Other than that, I love my new kitchen!

Picture of cruvinet here. Sorry, I spelled it wrong. Each one of those "wands" gets placed into an open wine bottle and they pump nitrogen into the wine to keep them fresher for longer. Then you just pour through the tap. They certainly won't keep them forever but they stand a MUCH better shot at lasting 5-7 days or so.

My fantasy kitchen would be one with a locking grate across the entrance, like the stores in the mall have, so no one could come in and annoy me with stupid questions while I am cooking!

Other than that, I'd really like a stove with a foot operated "dragon's breath" burner accelerator, like you see in Chinese restaurants.

My dream kitchen is a take on a restaurant kitchen (but then, I work in one, so I know what I like). Tile floors, with drains in the floors for easy cleaning. Stainless steel counters, again for easy cleaning. A huge refrigerator/freezer. Two ranges, one electric, one gas. A good dishwasher. Wrought Iron rack for hanging pots, pans, and some utensils.

I'm debating on whether I would want some professional equipment, like a Hobart 5-qt mixer, a buffalo chopper, and a slicer. How often will I actually use them? Especially since I have access to a slicer at work, I can just cook a large roast at home, take to to work, slice it on my own time, then bring it home?

The pantry would be a good-sized room off to the side, with hookups for one, maybe two deep-freezers. Lots and shelving.

There would also be a doorway leading out to the back patio, where my grill/smoker would be, for cookouts.

I'm with Allen, working in a restaurant kitchen, I've really grown to like that sort of setup. I'd like 6-8 burners, all gas, with just a single wide oven under the stove. I'm torn on whether or not I'd like to get high-end consumer stove like a Viking or Wolf, or restaurant grade stove/oven, a Garland probably, because the Vulcan stoves I've worked on dont have as much heat output. Of course if I got restaurant grade appliances, I'd need a to get a proper hood installed.

I'd like my kitchen to be large and and slightly rectangular, with wide counters, probably something that could withstand having hot pans placed directly on them, meaning SS or maybe marble? I'd like a long, wide rectangular island, with shelves undeneath where I could keep small appliances, lexands/tupperwares/ and maybe some dry goods, probably baking stuff. I'd like the top of it to be all wood; my giant cutting board.

Across the kitchen from the stove, I'd like to have a large refrigerator, and also a large freezer. I'd like my pantry to be on that end of the kicthen as well, and probably a speed rack where I could keep my large cutting boards and sheet pans, and resting racks. I might like a convection oven over there somewhere as well.

I'd like a deep, SS triple sink next to my dishwasher. I'd love a grill next to my stove for grilled items in the winter, and maybe a single Frialator embedded in the counter next to that. I'd like a small closet next to that for additional equipment, a place to hang large pots and pans, and maybe have a knife strip on the wall.

I've considered going so far as having a cold deck where I can keep all my staples. I don't know what those are really called, but it basically just a shallow, wide refrigeration unit that opens from the top and you can keep lots of 1/3rd or 1/9th pans full of staples that you use all the time. It would be so convenient, but I thing a lot of the stuff would go bad before I could use it all, much as I'd like to always have chopped scallions, butter, shredded cheese, chicken/duck/veal glace, tomatoes, and maybe some chopped herbs and chives.

I could throw in all the design and architectual details like kitchenelf did, but I think I might keep you here all day, not to mention taking all day to write it up, and I have to be at work soon. Some day though, I plan to have a dream kitchen.

Picture of cruvinet here. Sorry, I spelled it wrong. Each one of those "wands" gets placed into an open wine bottle and they pump nitrogen into the wine to keep them fresher for longer. Then you just pour through the tap. They certainly won't keep them forever but they stand a MUCH better shot at lasting 5-7 days or so.

Next, I expect to see you wearing a hat with two wine bottles attached and a plastic tube running to your mouth!

Next, I expect to see you wearing a hat with two wine bottles attached and a plastic tube running to your mouth!

That would be fantasy clothing :LOL: Actually, if there was a way to keep the camel backs (bikers and runners know what I'm talking about) chilled.........:rolleyes:

College Cook - working in a kitchen has lead me to have this in my personal kitchen - :cool: I certainly understand!

Last edited:
Imagine the local Super Market closed at night with only you in there and your friends.

drag a large BBQ from one aisle and the coals take it to the Bakery section, everything in the shop is Yours to use...

get the Picture :)

My fantasy kitchen would be one with a locking grate across the entrance, like the stores in the mall have, so no one could come in and annoy me with stupid questions while I am cooking!

Other than that, I'd really like a stove with a foot operated "dragon's breath" burner accelerator, like you see in Chinese restaurants.

Oh geez, now I need to run down to our local Chinese restaurant and ask them to show me DRAGON'S BREATH. LOL

That would be fantasy clothing :LOL: Actually, if there was a way to keep the camel backs (bikers and runners know what I'm talking about) chilled.........:rolleyes:

College Cook - working in a kitchen has lead me to have this in my personal kitchen - :cool: I certainly understand!

OO OO OOOOOOOOO

I like that Kitchenelf!!!! Where did you get that? Was it terribly expensive? That is just what I need in the kitchen, maybe even 2 of them. :)

dream_a.jpg

Only a Pedini kitchen with all chrome appliances. Dream...dream...dream
petra_b.jpg

P.S.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom