"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
Sous Chef
Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie

I haven't formulated my whole fantasy kitchen, it's a work in progress. Chances are I will NEVER be able to afford it, but I can dream, can't I?

I know I want both an electric stove/oven and a gas stove/oven and a large pantry. I want 2 freezers, at least, I'm planning on a lot of make-aheads, and a lot of ice cream. :-)

If you ever watch Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals, the most recent episodes, she has redone her kitchen. I love that pull out pantry she has, that would be just so perfect for me.

So tell me about YOUR fantasy kitchen, I might revise mine. hehe

In order to change the world, one must first start with one's self.
Gossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Senior Cook
if I had to dream.... you know those self cleaning ovens? I would like a self-cleaning kitchen :)

barring that - a dishwasher would be freaking awesome!

everything else would be gravy... double oven, fridge that makes water and ice on the door, a walk in pantry, an island, wine refridgerator, lots and lots of counter space.

healthyfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
My fantasy kitchen consists of"

First and foremost everyone should know that the view from my kitchen is of the Mediterranean Ocean. I'll start outside in the HUGE herb garden with rosemary bushes 5' tall, lemons, every herb you can think of (parsley, sage, salad burnett, Greek oregano, every kind of thyme you can think of, bay, fruit trees, ok, and an olive tree or two) - ok, so you are looking up towards the house and you walk up these wide, wide, wide, wide stairs that leads first to an outdoor space with a fireplace, lounge chairs built for two, wispy curtains on the 4-poster bed that just happens to be in the corner for taking naps, and a "dining room" area with tons of candles above for ambient lighting at night.

OK, you finally get to walk in the kitchen - tile floor - probably a terra cotta handmade in the village I live in The cabinetry is mostly open but there are a few doors here and there and some even have chicken wire on them. They look like pieces of furniture versus just cabinets and they are an off whitish but have a darker patina around any moldings and look like they have been around for 100's of years! There are accents of different blues to match that beautiful ocean I can look out at with an accent of lemon yellow here and orangey reds there. Of course, there are also greens that go so well with all the green in that garden my doors open wide up to. (HEY, YOU ASKED SO DON'T ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME! )

There IS going to be an AGA 4-oven traditional range (do I have to pick out the color now?) and there will also be a French door oven mounted in the wall. Also in the wall will be a built-in espresso maker, wine cooler, of course a cruvenet (3 whites, 2 reds is fine for now ) and of course the refrigerator will be all glass. The freezer will be in the big walk-in pantry area off to the side.

Oh, forgot to mention that right before you come into the kitchen (oh, off to the right maybe) will be a little area where I can wash herbs, snip flowers and plants, and basically "play" in the dirt potting stuff.

OK, back to my kitchen - countertops are going to be big, fat, rustic, and concrete. There will be several farm sinks on either side. The island will be open to show off the beautiful bowls I bought in Italy (hey, I went there on my fantasy vacation, ok?) and the many dishes I have collected through the years - some from my neighbor just down the street (OK, I had to come in and edit out street - my neighbor does NOT live down the street, he lives down the country dirt road) who sells his wares to some American company for 100's of dollars per plate Above the island will be a couple shelves running from side to side where I can store my most used bowls, supplies, cookbooks, pots and pans will be hanging all around.

There will be flowers everywhere, vases of herbs, oh, I forgot my spice rack!

Are you about to hurl yet? I'll stop.

DANG, I almost forgot the multiple water features in the garden and on the porch area. Some features with fish, some with lilies, some with well, just water and rocks. OK, I'm done for now

Oh, and a personal baker and pastry chef.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
Executive Chef
I just renovated my really old kitchen but could only do so much with the budget. I would love to have a built-in double oven, 3 electrical outlets on every wall, a drain in the middle of the kitchen floor, and a stand alone freezer. Maybe someday....
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #5
Senior Cook
Kitchenelf, I enjoyed "visiting" your dream kitchen. You do have a great imagination! Pardon me if I ask, what are (or is) cruvenet? (I thought I knew it all!)
Green Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 AM   #6
Sous Chef
Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
Originally Posted by Green Lady View Post
Kitchenelf, I enjoyed "visiting" your dream kitchen. You do have a great imagination! Pardon me if I ask, what are (or is) cruvenet? (I thought I knew it all!)
Yea, me too. She forgot the personal maid to do the dishes too. LoL

I'd love to have more than one sink as well. And it definitely needs to have one of those overhead sprayers to fill soup and pasta pots and to wash those pots. :-)

But I think I mostly need Kitchenelf to design my kitchen and backyard. :-)
In order to change the world, one must first start with one's self.
Gossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #7
Head Chef
I woulds just like to get mine finished, remoding taking way to long.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching
letscook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #8
Sous Chef
It would be huge, with lots and lots of storage space.
And I would be able to afford to pay for all the electricity that my cooker and several fridges and freezers costs.
I would also be able to afford to keep all my many cupboards completly stocked with every possible ingredient I would need to cook whatever I want to cook, whenever I feel like it.

Mel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #9

Wow !! A fantasy Kitchen, My dream Kitchen.. !!
If i seriously sit down and start planning about it, even the wealthiest person on this earth will not be able to afford it for sure, not that i will install gold or diamonds somewhere in my kitchen, but my kitchen will include everything a girl wants in her kitchen.
Very Very Spacious, Best refrigerators, freezers, Ovens, BBQ grills, All kinds of best cookware, utensils, ... and what not? You name it and my 'dream kitchen' will have it !
Hmmm, My Dream Kitchen
"Life is too short for drama & petty things,
So kiss slowly, laugh insanely,
Love truly and forgive quickly"
maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #10
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
We just remodeled our kitchen and I did pretty much everything that I wanted that the space allowed - I would like more space to do more! Other than that, I love my new kitchen!

Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote