Do you have clever uses for the microwave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) Melt Butter.
2) Veggies, if I am lazy, although, the new (to Me) steam in the bag ones are cool.
3) Par cook Meats for grilling and add to sauce. (I use reasonably low heat).
4) Since the display goes wonky sometimes and if you punch it it comes back, it is a good stress reliever.
5) Warming leftovers.
6) I don't use the defrost cycle, but, I do defrost on very low heat.
7) Warm sauce.
8) Small explosions when I mess up the settings for whatever I am warming or melting.

I don't buy microvave popcorn, I do it the old fassion way on the stove.

Katie E. - I have the coolest proofing box for you. It's the dishwasher. Start a quick rinse till it just starts to spray, stop it there, put the bread dough inside on a nylon breadboard and le let rise in there. You can do bigger batches in there. Also spread out rolls and such more. No draft, warm and humid.

In my case, it is also Labrador Retriever proof. they have taken an interest in the culinary arts lately. My loaves that I leave on the counter to proof have taken to disappearing, followed by a tummy ache for a certain black Lab.

I don't like boiled weenies....So I nuke them....I lke them especially when they "explode' open in several places.

I had my first "nuked dog" at the State Fair of Texas circa 1953 - don't remember if it was in the Science Hall or the World of Tommorw exhibit - but I do remember it was a Radar Range - 5-6 feet tall ... Dad spent a lot of time talking to the guy (Dad was into electronics and worked with radar).

Yep - can't beat a nuked dog!

I heat up a sock filled with dried rice that has been sewn up. Works great as a heating pad and keeps my feet warm on winter nights!

I know, it has nothing to do with cooking, but she just asked for clever. ;)

other than popcorn and meat defrost?

i melt chocolate for recipes . heat water or milk for bread, mine has convection as well. so it set temp. i want. takes out the guess work. many more tricks for use.

would like to hear some of your uses.

babe:chef:
Microwaves are great for frozen veggies. They have the new single serving steamed veggie packs... you pop them in and have fresh steamed vegetable direct from the freezer. Melting butter, reheating leftovers, instant mashed potatoes(Idahoan mashed potato packets are tasty!!).
Heating water for tea.. Make a hot finger towel...

We threw our microwave in the garbage last summer after we found out the dangers of cooking with radiation. Not only is it bad for you but the radiation removes all of the nutrients in the food. Read about it here.

Natural heat is the best way to go.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom