"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 11-08-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
Do You own or have used a Baby George Rotisserie

My grandmother recently gave me a "Baby George" George Foreman Rotisseur(sp?).....do any of you have one? I havent used it yet but would like to cook a chicken this weekend and see how it turns out but would like a heads up on it first.....is it really all that grand?

Old 11-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
Sous Chef

I keep thinking about buying one of those roasters, but keep thinking about the cleanup. I figure, eventually, the parts that don't come out will be covered with baked on grease. Then what?

Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Head Chef

Well...um....spray it with oven cleaner as you would with your oven oncee your beautiful Rhubarb Pie decided to blow up......not sure Psiguyy.....ill tell you what I do after I use it a coulpe times....
Old 11-21-2004, 05:38 PM   #4
Head Chef

I am finally trying it tonight. It actually comes right apart for easy cleaning. So far so good....I think I would rather have a regular George though...this ones good enough for 5 lb roasts and if its any bigger you need to trim it down to size and debone if the bone isnt where it should be.....
Old 11-21-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I saw a Sear's ad the other day. They were selling a special GF package. You buy the grill and it was boxed together with a free baby rotisserie.

I almost went down to buy one, but I really didn't need another GF grill and it didn't seam to be packaged in a way that I could split them and give the grill away as a gift.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:33 AM   #6
Head Chef

Thats too bad....you could hand your old one down to a family member that doesnt have one and you can have a new one.....or one second thought...you could buy the package deal, take the grill put it in a LARGER box that is for say a TV, weigh it down with bricks or rocks ect, ,wrap it up with it books ect and call it good.....no one would guess what the present would be...
Old 12-03-2004, 07:22 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

How did your chicken turn out, tancowgirl?

I bought a rotisserie a couple of years ago, and we use it all the time. Love it. Especially in the winter when it's harder to BBQ.

I bought the Ronco Showtime larger model because it can cook up to a 15-pound turkey. I buy a utility grade turkey, throw it on the rotisserie, 10-12 minutes cooking time per pound, and it's done. Perfect for sandwiches and much cheaper than the "real" roast turkey in the deli at Safeway. The little 3-pound chickens are perfectly cooked after an hour.

I was worried about the cleaning, too, psyguyy, but most of the non-electric parts can go in the diswasher and those are the ones that get the dirtiest. Unless we want to use the drippings, we cover the drip pan with foil. For the Ronco machine, you can order spare parts.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:23 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

There aren't many cookbooks out there, that I've found, but there is one good one. It's called "The Ultimate Rotisserie Cookbook" by Diane Phillips. The recipes are specifically for these machines. There's lots of tips and really good recipes to work from.

We've used our machine for everything from poultry, beef, lamb, pork, seafood, veggies
Old 12-03-2004, 07:39 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancowgirl2000
I am finally trying it tonight. It actually comes right apart for easy cleaning. So far so good....I think I would rather have a regular George though...this ones good enough for 5 lb roasts and if its any bigger you need to trim it down to size and debone if the bone isnt where it should be.....

Thanks, that is good to know. I going to ask for one for Christmas but couldn't decide between the baby or regular.

SC

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
Sous Chef

I'm beginning to weaken. I guess I'll be watching for a good sale on the GF rotisserie.