"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 02-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I saw on the news last night that Sears is under very heavy fire because of ticked off
customers complaining about their products and warranty services.

The report says that customers who have purchased TV's, major appliances and other merchandise are not happy with Sears' cuctomer service. They said it's very lousy.

Sears flatly refuses to acknowlege the complaints.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
I saw on the news last night that Sears is under very heavy fire because of ticked off
customers complaining about their products and warranty services.

The report says that customers who have purchased TV's, major appliances and other merchandise are not happy with Sears' cuctomer service. They said it's very lousy.

Sears flatly refuses to acknowlege the complaints.
HOW TRUE! Picture this, you are expecting Sears with new fridge and it is almost 90degrees outside middle of August. So you keep air conditioning off, knowing that doors will have to be open for them to move appliance in the kitchen. Supposed to come between 2-4 come after 5 on Friday afternoon. Get fridge all the way to kitchen say it is too big, go back to store and get different size. But the present fridge I have was SAME size. Still tell me can't get in kitchen. They say they will leave fridge while all my food on floor and counters and pick up when they get order for different size. So they leave the new fridge on the unheated breezeway doors off and my old fridge moved to basement. Lovely. In order to get things the way they should have been, we asked friend to come over took doors off room and moved box into kitchen so I could put food in it. THEY LEFT THE BOX ON THE BREEZEWAY!!!!!!!!! Called Sears following Monday and t hey gave me certificate of $50. Now the stupid thing did get marked up as they didn't know how to put the durn doors on at first, not right tools. I am so sick when I use this fridge with the experience I had and never ever will forget SEARS. They were so great few years back, what the heck happened? Not enough business? Oh, I know everything comes from China. have I said this before?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #13
Head Chef

I thank everyone for their replies.
I have questioned quite a few around here also
I have gone refridge shopping today with all your replies in mind. and I almost went for the regular old fridge type but have ending up going with a maytag side x side with ice and water in freezer door.
with just hubbie and me home its works. the bins are clear so you can see them and the inside of frideg is very visiable. Since I have a upright freezer already for most things the freezer will works great for what i use it for , xtra bread, ice cream small stuff.
We also called to a appliance repair man we know an asked his opinion and he said you change the filter and clean it once and while you will never have a problem.
so we are giving it ago and it comes tommorrow.
hubbie thinks ill like since i am constanly getting ice out of the freezer. said we even might see a drop in the electric bill since i won't be opening the freezer all the time.
Thanks again everyone for listening and your ideas ill let you know after I use for a while whether it was a good choice or not.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook View Post
I thank everyone for their replies.
I have questioned quite a few around here also
I have gone refridge shopping today with all your replies in mind. and I almost went for the regular old fridge type but have ending up going with a maytag side x side with ice and water in freezer door.
with just hubbie and me home its works. the bins are clear so you can see them and the inside of frideg is very visiable. Since I have a upright freezer already for most things the freezer will works great for what i use it for , xtra bread, ice cream small stuff.
We also called to a appliance repair man we know an asked his opinion and he said you change the filter and clean it once and while you will never have a problem.
so we are giving it ago and it comes tommorrow.
hubbie thinks ill like since i am constanly getting ice out of the freezer. said we even might see a drop in the electric bill since i won't be opening the freezer all the time.
Thanks again everyone for listening and your ideas ill let you know after I use for a while whether it was a good choice or not.
Congrats! I hope you will like yours as much as I like mine. It seems silly but I was like a kid with a new toy when I could stick my cup in the door and get crushed ice and cold, filtered water! WooHoo - I must be a cheap date!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Glad you have one you like. I have had a bottom freezer for over ten years and love it. This is my second one which isn't as good as the first but that is to do with the brand not the style. Mine has two small baskets as one pull out drawer, a narrow shelf, and then one larger basket. I sort raw meat into one of the small baskets, sweet items into the other, ice cube trays and pastry sheets onto the drawer and everything else at the bottom. I don't have any problem finding things and even though stacked two or three items high, doesn't take long to look. Most of my stuff is taken from the first two drawers though because of the sorting so not really having to bend over either much. Get much more freezer space in this sort of fridge than a top freezer. I have no other freezer.

Would have loved to have had a door dispenser but all the probelms I heard of them leaking and needing a plumber to install put me off in a very big way!!!