Doesn't everyone want hot coffee?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i still don't see what the big deal is to brew a 2nd or 3rd smaller pot as the day goes on

No one said it was a big deal. Why wouldn't you want the convenience of only having to brew one pot though. Why waste two filters if you don't have to? Why make two pots if you don't have to? I know that for me it is great to wake up and in my half awake state be able to just grab a cup and pour instead of having to get the coffee out of the cabinet, get a filter, measure the water wait for my coffee to brew. being able to just pour a cup instead of doing all that is a lot easier wouldn't you agree?

No one said it was a big deal. Why wouldn't you want the convenience of only having to brew one pot though. Why waste two filters if you don't have to? Why make two pots if you don't have to? I know that for me it is great to wake up and in my half awake state be able to just grab a cup and pour instead of having to get the coffee out of the cabinet, get a filter, measure the water wait for my coffee to brew. being able to just pour a cup instead of doing all that is a lot easier wouldn't you agree?
Filters, time, water, coffee. It's easier to make a bigger pot once than several small pots and if it's hot and ready all day it just makes it easier to grab and go.

I guess I'm one of the few coffee snobs on the boards. I don't like to drink coffee that old either. I have a thermal coffeepot and I truly love it, but there is no carafe I have ever found that keeps coffee FRESH for that long. Hot is one thing, fresh tasting is quite another.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm a mom so I have had coffee that has been reheated in the microwave so many times it has ceased to actually BE coffee I think. But if you are going to talk about flavour in coffee, then truly you do need to make fresh. Coffee aficionados will tell you that coffee loses its freshness after 20 minutes, let alone 2-4 hours.

If hot is your issue, then I'd like to reiterate the advice above . Just make sure you heat your thermos/carafe with boiling water before the coffee goes in and it will stay nice and toasty for a long time. A really good seal will go a long way to preserving both heat and freshness as well.

Back
Top Bottom