Dough proof/Yogurt/Curd feature on Samsung MWO- huh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herojig

Assistant Cook
I just got this oven today and it has a feature called Dough proof/Yogurt/Curd depending on where you look in the manual. Read that, still no clue on how to use it. For example, add curd to make curd? :huh: If anyone here has any experience, that would be very helpful. Thx!
Jigs

Jigs,
I don't own one but from looking at it, I think the bread proofer feature means it stays at a low constant temperature.
I saw a bread/ Yogurt thing in a catalog.

Your new oven looks cool.

I agree with Cinisajoy that it probably keeps a constant, not too warm temperature.

Jigs, what kind of curd are you talking about? I make quark, which makes curds, and yes, I can add some quark to milk to make more quark. That works for yogourt too.

Jigs,
I don't own one but from looking at it, I think the bread proofer feature means it stays at a low constant temperature.
I saw a bread/ Yogurt thing in a catalog.

Your new oven looks cool.

thx for the reply! I see. I wish the manual would explain what these pre-programmed functions actually did, that sure would make things easier.

Actually this oven is amazing, as I am now doing all my cooking using electricity, as that's all we have here at the moment...

I agree with Cinisajoy that it probably keeps a constant, not too warm temperature.

Jigs, what kind of curd are you talking about? I make quark, which makes curds, and yes, I can add some quark to milk to make more quark. That works for yogourt too.

Taxlady, thx for your reply. I guess it may be a problem in translation. In Nepal, we call yogurt here Dahi, and that's translated into english as curd. So I guess I don't know what the machine is talking about. And what's quark? I know that from Physics and my machine does not have a particle-accelerator mode (at least I don't think it does). :)

Taxlady, thx for your reply. I guess it may be a problem in translation. In Nepal, we call yogurt here Dahi, and that's translated into english as curd. So I guess I don't know what the machine is talking about. And what's quark? I know that from Physics and my machine does not have a particle-accelerator mode (at least I don't think it does). :)
:LOL:
It's a dairy product that is made from thick, sour milk that is strained. It's quite similar to cream cheese. That's how I usually use it. Since our milk doesn't sour properly, we have to inoculate the milk with the lacto bacillus (It's the same one as in sour cream.) and let it sit at room temperature until it gets thick. You can just strain the thick, soured milk, or you can heat it in the oven, at ~65°C, for a while to let the curds and whey separate and then strain it. It's popular in German speaking countries and Scandinavia.

:LOL:
It's a dairy product that is made from thick, sour milk that is strained. It's quite similar to cream cheese. That's how I usually use it. Since our milk doesn't sour properly, we have to inoculate the milk with the lacto bacillus (It's the same one as in sour cream.) and let it sit at room temperature until it gets thick. You can just strain the thick, soured milk, or you can heat it in the oven, at ~65°C, for a while to let the curds and whey separate and then strain it. It's popular in German speaking countries and Scandinavia.

I see. Still don't know if my MWO makes yogurt or not - ha! That would be wild.

Have you ever made yogourt? The trickiest part is keeping it a constant 110-115°F for 6 to 12 hours. I'm pretty sure that's what your new oven will do.

No, never. I just tell the didi who owns two cows down the lane how much I want, and the next day she brings with the milk. But that's good news that I can do myself, because if the process she uses needs LPG gas (for her stove), she won't be able to make it. But perhaps she just uses a cow dung stove, not sure, have to ask her.

Back
Top Bottom