Dual Type (standard/belgian) Waffle Maker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lentesubigo

Assistant Cook
I am looking to buy a good quality waffle maker.

I like belgian waffles with fruit and whipcream, and standard waffles with butter and syrup or butter and powered sugar.

I cannot settle on only one type of waffle maker, but don't want two of them in my kitchen. Is there a waffle maker that is switchable between standard and belgian?

I would expect there to be a model that has two sets of waffle iron plates.

Crossing my fingers!

Am I alone on this? Do you all only make one type of waffle, or do you have two bulky machines?

Anyone know if this product exists?

I don't know of a dual use product but couldn't you use a Belgian waffle maker to make regular waffles. The batters are different. Is it an issue that the regular waffles would be thick like the Belgians?

If you buy a Belgian waffle maker, couldn't you whip up the recipe for regular waffles and just fill the waffle maker 1/2 full, if you don't want the thickness?

I like regular waffles and belgian waffles. I like that regular waffles are crisper, thinner, and have smaller areas for syrup, butter, or sometimes even peanut butter. I like belgian waffles because they are fluffy, less crisp, and have deep areas to hold whipcream and fruit.

Neither grid pattern can make both.

I would really like a waffle iron that has removable/swapable plates for each grid pattern.

Is it worth a hundred bucks to ya?

Villaware Reversible-Plate Waffle Maker

You can also get the Jura / Capresso WaffleDuo version for around 80 bucks American, if you can locate a place that will sell you one!

Now, if you can find ME one that does regular waffles, Belgian waffles, AND panini, I'll gladly pay a hundred bucks American for it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom