"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 12-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey Cbrown...Welcome to DC! We are glad your search brought you here! I doubt you will get a response from anyone in this thread as it goes back to November 2004. However I would be interested in seeing a picture of your pot, and any other details you can provide! Again Welcome to DC

Merry Christmas!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I never that there was such a thing.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

We have just been given a cast iron cooking pot with cover. It has three short legs. It is electric but we do not have a cord. I have read all the posts regarding this thread and I will check out the website mentioned. I really would like to see pictures of the ones mentioned and I will be glad to send a picture of ours.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

electric cauldron?

Yes, I too have had a crazy search for info on my own find. It is the same company as yours but it is a potbelly cauldron type pot. It has a removable plug in cord that sounds the same with a circular knob to adjust temperature. I picked it up looking for cauldrons for camp cooking and was shocked to find it plugged in.

I bought it on a whim for about $25. Since getting mine I have since seen two others, though without their cords. One was $20 and one was $65. It also weighs a ton, 29 lbs to be specific.

I absolutely love it for all sorts of cooking. It makes divine apple butter and pot roast and looks perfect on a buffet for Christmas when filled with spiced cider. I would love more information on it should anyone know. Especially what on earth to call the silly thing... cast iron electric crockpot? Plug in cauldron? plug in dutch oven? kettle? You can see why finding info on it has been so difficult when you don't even know what to call it.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

Hi Kestrel1027, I own the skillet as well as the "cauldron" as you call it. It has bean pot written on the bottom of it. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your apple butter recipe.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Dee View Post
We have just been given a cast iron cooking pot with cover. It has three short legs. It is electric but we do not have a cord. I have read all the posts regarding this thread and I will check out the website mentioned. I really would like to see pictures of the ones mentioned and I will be glad to send a picture of ours.
I found one at a flea market about a year a go but can not find any thing one it , love cooking in it .
Old 11-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

To all Posters & Thanks to OKDEB for breaking the ice in my search! I Have 2 House of Webster items-a "Bean Pot"and a deep skillet, both look like they use the same cord. I need a cord for these or they just scrap iron! They are in so good shape they still have the rubber covers on the legs-but no cords! Any help is really appreciated.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #18
Head Chef

Try the Wagner and Griswold Society (WAGS). There is a lot of information there, and I have found questions answered quickly.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:58 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

Electric cast iron skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdeb View Post
Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum and have a question. I spotted what I thought was a treasure on ebay recently and just received it yesterday. Nobody else bid on this thing so I got it cheap, but it cost over $20 to ship due to it's weight.

It's a cast iron electric skillet with the three little legs on it and a domed lid with the dimples inside. It's 12-inches in diameter and VERY heavy. I cleaned it up and reseasoned it and it works great. The brand is Country Charm.

I've run many searches trying to find any other electric cast iron skillets for comparison purposes with no luck.

Has anyone every heard of electric cast iron skillets and do you have any idea of their value?

Thanks,
okdeb
I have an electric cast iron skillet too. I love cooking in it. I was trying to find someone else that had one. My friend has only seen 2 in his life and he is 70 yrs. old. He said he got this one over 30 years ago used. I am trying to find out all I can about it and it's value.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilinda View Post
I have an electric cast iron skillet too. I love cooking in it. I was trying to find someone else that had one. My friend has only seen 2 in his life and he is 70 yrs. old. He said he got this one over 30 years ago used. I am trying to find out all I can about it and it's value.
HI and welcome to Discuss Cooking

The person you quoted asked that question in 2004 so it's unlikely that she can help you. But stick around - someone else might have an answer.