Electric Roti Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
I bought an electric roti maker yesterday. It is very useful. Now I don't have to make roti on gas oven in this very hot and humid weather. It is very easy to prepare, just I have to place the dough balls and press and then turn the roti only for once after few seconds. It make perfect rotis.
roti-maker.jpg

I bought an electric roti maker yesterday. It is very useful. Now I don't have to make roti on gas oven in this very hot and humid weather. It is very easy to prepare, just I have to place the dough balls and press and then turn the roti only for once after few seconds. It make perfect rotis.
View attachment 18566
Neato! I guess you make a lot of roti. Would you please post a recipe and instructions for making roti? I would love to make my own roti.

[FONT=&quot]Here is the recipe of roti, you must eat it with some gravy dish like chicken or mutton curry, hope you will enjoy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for 4 people and 4 roti for each

Ingredients: [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]500 gm atta (unrefined or fibrous flour)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]A pinch of salt [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]one spoonful sugar [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 spoonful mustard oil [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preparation:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Add the mustard oil, salt and sugar in the whole amount of the atta and mix it homogeneously
    [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Knead a dough [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Divide the dough in 16 balls [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Flat the dough balls [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Bake it on chatu or tawa. Roti is prepared[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is the recipe of roti, you must eat it with some gravy dish like chicken or mutton curry, hope you will enjoy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for 4 people and 4 roti for each

Ingredients: [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]500 gm atta (unrefined or fibrous flour)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]A pinch of salt [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]one spoonful sugar [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 spoonful mustard oil [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preparation:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Add the mustard oil, salt and sugar in the whole amount of the atta and mix it homogeneously
    [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Knead a dough [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Divide the dough in 16 balls [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Flat the dough balls [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Bake it on chatu or tawa. Roti is prepared[/FONT]
I don't have a chatu or tawa. Could I do this on a cast iron skillet? How long do I cook it per side? How hot should the pan be?

Yes you can use a skillet. Before baking the rotis sprinkle some water on the skillet, when the water completely evaporate then the skillet is ready.

You should until the blisters start rising and the roti become light brown. The ideal is the roti will swell and become a ball .

Yes you can use a skillet. Before baking the rotis sprinkle some water on the skillet, when the water completely evaporate then the skillet is ready.

You should until the blisters start rising and the roti become light brown. The ideal is the roti will swell and become a ball .
Oh, I didn't realize it puffed up. I have made chapati and the hardest part was getting them to puff up.

So, when I put the water on the skillet, it is just for testing the heat, right? I know three levels for that test. 1) the water drops just sit there and slowly evaporate 2) the water drops "dance" on the surface 3) the water drops hiss and vanish quickly

Which of those three are you describing?

Oh, I didn't realize it puffed up. I have made chapati and the hardest part was getting them to puff up.

So, when I put the water on the skillet, it is just for testing the heat, right? I know three levels for that test. 1) the water drops just sit there and slowly evaporate 2) the water drops "dance" on the surface 3) the water drops hiss and vanish quickly

Which of those three are you describing?

The last one - the water drops hiss and vanish quickly.

I don't know what is the cause of puffed rotis but the rotis made by me almost always puffed.

bump.

we love roti, a healthier version of naan.

thanks for the recipe and gadget recommendation, rad. if you see this.

Back
Top Bottom