"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 04-22-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
Assistant Cook

I love my De'Longhi BG45

This was to replace my old Rival skillet which I had for many years. Heats evenly, heating control works beautifully and is easy to read, a dream to clean, stem vent on lid is adjustable, can be submerged to clean, rubber feet keep it from moving around on counter, underside of skillet is same finish as inside of skillet, love the large size, excellent value for the money. I had purchased another skillet previously, which I found in one review (http://www.bestadvisor.com/kitchen-a...c-skillets)and sent it back because it looked like it had been used and bottom element was exposed and you could not submerge it to do a decent cleaning job on it. I would highly recommend this skillet and would have given it 6 stars if I could!

Old 04-22-2016, 11:04 PM   #22
Assistant Cook

I have used an electric skillet for over 30 years. I have never used it on the table. I would think it would be extremely messy and smoky.

I have seen electric skillet cookbooks over the years. But I just treat it like a regular skillet. Whatever you can cook in a skillet on the stove you can cook in the electric skillet. From steaks, fried chicken, gravy or hamburger helper.

I hope you enjoy yours over the years as I have.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:10 AM   #23
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
This was to replace my old Rival skillet which I had for many years. Heats evenly, heating control works beautifully and is easy to read, a dream to clean, stem vent on lid is adjustable, can be submerged to clean, rubber feet keep it from moving around on counter, underside of skillet is same finish as inside of skillet, love the large size, excellent value for the money. I had purchased another skillet previously, which I found in one review (BestAdvisor.com - Best Electric Skillets 2016) and sent it back because it looked like it had been used and bottom element was exposed and you could not submerge it to do a decent cleaning job on it. I would highly recommend this skillet and would have given it 6 stars if I could!

ha-ha, yesterday my son broke it

Tags
electric