Electric Skillet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my De'Longhi BG45

This was to replace my old Rival skillet which I had for many years. Heats evenly, heating control works beautifully and is easy to read, a dream to clean, stem vent on lid is adjustable, can be submerged to clean, rubber feet keep it from moving around on counter, underside of skillet is same finish as inside of skillet, love the large size, excellent value for the money. I had purchased another skillet previously, which I found in one review (http://www.bestadvisor.com/kitchen-appliances/electric-skillets)and sent it back because it looked like it had been used and bottom element was exposed and you could not submerge it to do a decent cleaning job on it. I would highly recommend this skillet and would have given it 6 stars if I could!

I have used an electric skillet for over 30 years. I have never used it on the table. I would think it would be extremely messy and smoky.

I have seen electric skillet cookbooks over the years. But I just treat it like a regular skillet. Whatever you can cook in a skillet on the stove you can cook in the electric skillet. From steaks, fried chicken, gravy or hamburger helper.

I hope you enjoy yours over the years as I have.

This was to replace my old Rival skillet which I had for many years. Heats evenly, heating control works beautifully and is easy to read, a dream to clean, stem vent on lid is adjustable, can be submerged to clean, rubber feet keep it from moving around on counter, underside of skillet is same finish as inside of skillet, love the large size, excellent value for the money. I had purchased another skillet previously, which I found in one review (BestAdvisor.com - Best Electric Skillets 2016) and sent it back because it looked like it had been used and bottom element was exposed and you could not submerge it to do a decent cleaning job on it. I would highly recommend this skillet and would have given it 6 stars if I could!

ha-ha, yesterday my son broke it:LOL::(:(:(:(

I have a 10 year old Zojirushi electric skillet mainly for use at the table to use as a hot pot. I don't think I've ever used it for frying......bought it mainly for doing shabu-shabu type meals. Nice appliance, but I haven't used it in a while...

I recently started using my old electric skillet again, but this time for grilling vegis and very thin cut meats, communal style at the table, but also realized there wasn't much grilling space with 4 or 5 people sitting around this thing grilling their own piece of meat.

So, I picked up a larger table top griddle just for these types of dinners at the table. And so far, I'm loving this appliance. I've been using it for about a month now. The diners, including my little grand kids can all cook their meats and vegis to their liking. I'm also showing my grand kids how to use the opposite ends of their chopsticks when handling food in the griddle.

This is what I got:
https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-EA...=1481046009&sr=8-1&keywords=zojirushi+griddle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom