"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
Try looking into getting a Rival or Presto.

They're very good.

~Corey123.
Rival is my favorite brand. I have several of their appliances and they have not given me a bit of trouble.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FryBoy
Check Amazon.

They have the Farberware 12-inch stainless for $85, and the Cuisinart 12" X 15" oval nonstick for $100. Prices include shipping and there's no tax.

These's two both have the highest ratings by users on Amazon.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora
Rival is my favorite brand. I have several of their appliances and they have not given me a bit of trouble.

So do I.

I own two of their slow cookers that I had for over 20 years! And I also own the Rival BBQ Pit Crock Pot Countertop Slow Cooker as well.

~Corey123.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
So do I.

I own two of their slow cookers that I had for over 20 years! And I also own the Rival BBQ Pit Crock Pot Countertop Slow Cooker as well.

~Corey123.
I've got two slow cookers also, their countertop roaster that I bought so I don't have to use the two slow cookers for chili, a griddle that is my second because it was obviously such a covetted item my movers stole my first one, and their fondue pot. Basically if Rival makes it, I'll buy their model first.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #15
Executive Chef

I, also, thought about getting and electric griddle, but I never did.

I got a non-electric long one that can be used on the stove. It's reversible. One side can be used for eggs, bacon, sausages, French toast and pancakes, while the other side can be used for hamburgers and steaks.

~Corey123.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #16
Senior Cook

I have a 14 inch Farberware electric skillet that was given to me as a wedding shower gift 46 years ago. It still does a great job of frying and braising. It's stainless steel and isn't non stick but still nothing ever sticks to it. It's immersable and still shines after all these years. Stay away from a non-stick electric, you won't be happy with the results. You can't get that great "fond" on the bottom of your pan with non-stick plus it just doesn't cook as well. Farberware is a good name so I trust it.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #17
Executive Chef

I own a 13-inch Rival electric skillet. It's also immersible, has a removable heat control and has a tough heat-free break-resistant plastic cover

It's non-stick, but it hassn't shown any wearing off of the Teflon coating! I've had it for about 13 years or so.

~Corey123.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
I, also, thought about getting and electric griddle, but I never did.

I got a non-electric long one that can be used on the stove. It's reversible. One side can be used for eggs, bacon, sausages, French toast and pancakes, while the other side can be used for hamburgers and steaks.

~Corey123.
With my electric stove, I have issues. The first griddle was a gift that I fell in love with. When I moved it didn't make it with the rest of my stuff and I had to replace it. My daughter has been able to use that better than she would a pan on the stove because it's heat is regulated and the sides are cool to the touch. In our house it works well and we have it out almost every weekend.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #19
Executive Chef

So is it ok now?

~Corey123.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #20
Senior Cook

Quote:
So is it ok now?

~Corey123.
My stove? No, it sucks. It works just enough that the landlord doesn't have to replace it, but not well enough to trust it with actual cooking. I have to make sure the burners are in everytime I use it or I'll put a pot of water on to boil and come back 15 minutes later and it's still the temp I started with. I wish I knew how to kill it and make it look like an accident.