Electric Skillets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're having any kind of trouble with it, it's the LANDLORD'S responsibility to either repair or replace it!!

Not yelling at you, but it's not your fault if something like that breaks or is not working properly. He needs to either fix it or replace it! He wants you to continue paying your rent every month though, doesn't he?!

Call your local City Hall for some advice. And try to get some legal help. You shouldn't have to put up with a crappy stove just because your landlord thinks it's not his responsibility to take care of it, Because it IS!!!

~Corey123.

Drama Queen said:
I have a 14 inch Farberware electric skillet that was given to me as a wedding shower gift 46 years ago. It still does a great job of frying and braising. It's stainless steel and isn't non stick but still nothing ever sticks to it. It's immersable and still shines after all these years. Stay away from a non-stick electric, you won't be happy with the results. You can't get that great "fond" on the bottom of your pan with non-stick plus it just doesn't cook as well. Farberware is a good name so I trust it.

I think we may have the same one that you do, or at least one that's very similar, which we also received as a wedding gift (I think) in 1968. We don't use it too often, but it does a great job when we do. I don't know that I could recommend Farberware products now -- god knows if it's even the same company or where it's being made -- but the Farberware SS electric skillet does get high praise from users on Amazon.

Corey ~ unfortunately I live in the land of "renters have no rights" but in all actuallity, the stove technically works "within specs" as in the oven heats within 25 degrees of the dial setting and the burners get hot. I've had the stove guy out twice to have it checked. i guess the thought process is he's replaced my dishwasher, my air conditioning unit, my stove is going to have to die out right before I can get a new one. Apparently burning everything because it's a cheap piece of crap doesn't count as not working. It's like anything, you get what you pay for. The previous owner paid for cheap stuff and it constantly breaks. My plan of attack it to use it so much it has to die.

Corey123 said:
Hope that you are relieved when it dies.

But it could take a long time before it does.

~Corey123.
It's about 12 years old now. How much time could the sucker have left?

I have the Cuisinart 12X15 inch stainless steel nonstick electric skillet and I love it. The best test is cooking pancakes - they always cook absolutely evenly. I would recommend it to anyone. I bought it from Chefscatalog.com just before we moved to Mexico and on very warm days, I prefer using it over the gas range, because it doesn't heat up the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom