Electric Stove Element That Fits a Wok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leigh

Senior Cook
These seemed to be all the go a few years back. They were (are? I hope!) a removable stove element that was bowl-shaped instead of flat. To use it, you pulled out the flat element and inserted this one, and hey presto, a wok-friendly heat source! I did not buy one at the time because my range was a GE and the element would not fit, GE and Hotpoint manufacturers having gotten into a snit about this wok element for some reason or another--something about patents if memory serves--so the wok-element manufacturer proceeded to build an element that would fit any electric range except a GE or a Hotpoint.

Well, I have since moved, and my new kitchen range is a Frigidaire, and no wok element to be found anywhere that I have looked, and that's a lot of places, and I am FRUSTRATED! I have this perfectly marvelous 16-inch wok that is utterly unusable until/unless I find a curved element for it. I gave away my 12-inch and 8-inch thin steel woks, but I refuse to divest myself of this one. To quote Lorelei, "There really is a limit to almost everything."

Does anybody know where I might be able to get one of these? It doesn't even have to be new, come to that. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (bows deeply)

All together, now: ELECTRIC STOVES ARE POSITIVELY NO GOOD!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU BUY ONE!!!*

*I had no choice; mine came with the apartment. To add insult to injury, it's a 22" toy. ARRRGH!!!

Thanks again, everybody--not least for wading through both the tale and the diatribe!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Jenn Air has them - but don't know if they will work on your stove.

You might try going to http://www.appliance411.com/parts/popular/JennAir-parts.shtml and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Contact Us" and send them an e-mail and ask.

Only other thing I know to do would be to break out the yellow pages and look under appliance repair ... find the guys that sell parts ... and call and ask them if they know if anyone makes a concave wok element for your stove. Since these are the guys with the biggest collection of catalogs - they should know if anybody does.

Wow. Thanks!! Jenn Air, here I come . . . followed by Web site and yellow page habitues . . .

cyh!!:mrgreen:

Interestilgly enough we sell the element you are looking for, for the GE Hotpoint Stoves. We also carry a universal fit for most other ranges as well. Send me a note if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom