Electrolux Assistant Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlin

Assistant Cook
Hi,
New to these forums. I found you all in a search to find out how to better use my Electrolux Assitant. I was wondering if someone could answer a quick question for me? I'm a Whole Wheat Bread maker using freshly milled flour.

What is the max cups of flour when you are using the roller and scraper? (in other words...to use the dough hook, how many cups of flour are we talking about?)

Thanks for your help.
Jlin

Hi, Jlin!

Welcome to the forum! I have the machine.

Don't exactly know how many cups of flour are calld for..... Wait, I'll get the manual.

There is a recipe for whole wheat bread that calls for 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 2-1/4 cups unbleached whit bread flour and 1/4 cup wheat gluten.

It has been said though, that the machine can comfortably do a recipe that uses a whole 5-lb bag of flour. I haven't made THAT much dough though. But if you wanted to, you could.

Corey,
May I ask you another question (okay, more than one) since you have the machine?

I was making bread yesterday (my first use) and all of a sudden the dough clung together (like i would think you would want it to) but it was off-center. I was afraid of hurting the machine ($$$$) so i stopped kneading it. Should i keep on kneading it in the machine when this happens? The dough was really sticky and I have been told that this is the case with this machine. I would really like the smooth, elastic tops that i can get with other methods. Is that possible with this machine? Do i just add more flour?

thanks for any help!

The stucky dough is not the machine's fault. Just add a bit more flour and knead it. The dough ball will be off center and slap against the bowl's sides. That's the kneading process.

Good luck with your bread.

And I think the speed should be low.

I also forgot to tell you that the douh hook is mainly used for large batches of really stiff doughs. Otherwise the roller beater can be used for normal dough.

I DID try it out for the wheat bread. And BTW, does anyone know where I can get some wheat gluten? The recipe that's in the manual yields two loaves of bread.

I love whole wheat bread much better than white bread. I get so lazy sometimes though, and so, to avoid all that handling of the dough, I turn to the breadmaker and let IT do all the work. Haha!!

Corey123 said:
Thanks, Andy.

But I've been locked out of that website because they claim that I was inactive too long.

Sorry about that, Corey. I'd try googling wheat gluten.

Back
Top Bottom