Emergency! Need to choose a blender quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbs

Cook
So my mom's blender broke,dad is getting a new one on the way home.They want me to pick it.He wanted to get the ninja xl.But I read many reviews saying it doesn't crush frozen fruit & ice consistently.& the rotor that holds the blades has a short life.$100 limit
Here is what see of interest.
Oster Designed for Life 7-Speed Blender, Brushed Stainless, BLSTRM-DZ0-015 $59
Walmart.com: Oster Designed for Life 7-Speed Blender, Brushed Stainless, BLSTRM-DZ0-015: Appliances
Oster Beehive Blender $59.88
Oster Classic Beehive Blender - Walmart.com
Farberware® Heavy-Duty 10-Speed Blender with Preprogrammed Settings, Stainless Steel Base $54
Farberware 10-Speed Blender - Walmart.com
These i'm sure are at my local walmart.I'm most interested in Oster Designed for Life one.Which of the 3 is best?Will mostly be used for ice & smoothies from frozen fruits

Unfortunately, for me I have found that hand-held immersions blenders aren't the best appliance for the elderly. Arthritic hands can develop pain holding it while using it. I have also found, even though you don't know it, but the vibrations of the motor affect the level of pain after a while. I loved mine, but had to give it up after a while. Now it is just the blender that sits on the counter. :(

I got the 7-Speed oster.Even though the Farberware was a lil cheaper & has more buttons,it has a plastic gear though.Oster has 6 blades,can reverse,& all metal.Couldn't pass on it

Last edited:
chubbs said:
I got the 7-Speed oster.Even though the Farberware was a lil cheaper & has more buttons,it has a plastic gear though.Oster has 6 blades,can reverse,& all metal.Couldn't pass on it

I would agree. I may have to check it out too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom