"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 09-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Because of the good advice I rec'd at DC, I bought a dual fuel Wolf and love it! Best decision I made. For what you will pay to retore your current range, you could get a Wolf, well, maybe for a little more. Check them out, as well.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Head Chef

I have a friend that has a Wolf range and boy would I love one too.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I have a Five Star gas range and I really like it. The high capacity burners are excellent. I especially like the thing on the front 2 burners that lets you set the flame extremely low for simmering very delicate things. The convection feature can be turned on and off via a simple switch on the front. The broiler has a very nice set up that allows you to easily change the position of the broiling rack. The removable griddle is awesome for making a lot of pancakes, burgers, that sort of thing. I doubt I would have paid the $4200 list price for this or any stove but I bought it barely used for $550 so I'm thrilled with it.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #14
Senior Cook

I doubt I would have paid the $4200 list price for this or any stove but I bought it barely used for $550 so I'm thrilled with it.[/quote]

Wow, Fisher's Mom, you got the deal of the century! Good for you!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:23 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Sorry so late to reply - my internet was out over the weekend. Thanks Green Lady! I was so excited about it. My old stove was over 40 years old and had issues. I was renovating my kitchen and trying to stay within a very limited budget so I could pay cash for everything. I really didn't think I could get a new stove but when some things came in under budget, I decided to explore a used one. I found this stove within the first hour of searching Craig's list and went the next morning cash in hand and brought it home in the back of my van. It really wasn't until later that I realized what a great deal it really was!