FlavorWave Turbo - need recipe book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docrach

Assistant Cook
HELP HELP HELP
I just recieved my new Flavor Wave & thought it would have recipes - IT DOESN'T:ohmy:
Is there anywhere I can go to find recipes or does anyone have any?

Haven't posted here in a long time, hope I remember how! Welcome to the site! I'm on my second turbo oven, it's a flavorwave like yours. Mine came with the recipe booklet but I never used the recipes. Did you get the laminated sheet that has the cooking times? That is all you really need. I love cooking roasts and whole chickens in the turbo. I've never been able to cook them in my regular oven without a disaster! They come out perfect every time now. I know of a forum on another recipe site dedicated to turbo oven recipes, I'll try and find it if you'd like. They are especially usefull during those hot summer days when everyone wants a big meal but the cook doesn't want to heat up the big oven! We don't have AC. Try a google search for flavor wave recipes and see what pops up. I know you'll love your oven. Good luck.

Any help would be great - I didn't get a laminated sheet but I will print a copy and laminate myself. That address woukd begreat.
I have found though that the cooking time is pretty much the same as oven though = is that normal or did I do something wrong?

I found the site. What I'm suggesting is that you google search "flavorwave oven recipes". Scroll down a bit and you'll find a site for Starfire (Wendy). Her recipes are posted at Recipezaar. It's a wonderful recipe site, complete with recipe reviews. I've never compared the cooking times. I guess it seems shorter because I don't have to preheat the big oven! I'm just cooking for two now and it seems a big waste to heat the oven for one small meat dish. Not sure if you have this information but it's suggested to turn the food over 1/2 way through the cooking time. I did a pork roast the other night and cooked it for 30 minutes, flipped the roast over and cooked for another 30 minutes. I also added whole potatoes aound the edges. Once you get the guide sheet printed it will be easy for you. It's really all in the timing! I also always use a digital termometer to check the internal temp. Let me know how your first meal turns out!

Thanks for the info, silentmeow. I just got a great deal on a FlavorWave Platinum and am eager to try it. It comes with a cookbook, but it's nice to review some of the cooking methods via Starfire/Wendy.

This house isn't air-conditioned and, with all the trees gone after the ice storm, I have a feeling summertime cooking is going to be a bit on the hot side.

I use my crock-pot quite a bit in the summer, but I'm getting a bit tired of getting creative with it. It will also be nice to be able to put frozen foods into the turbo oven because I sometimes don't get dinner inspiration until way late.

Hiya

So i bought the flavor wave, but i'm missing the Cooking times sheet. Is there any site, like the one way up top i can print it off of?? Help would be much appreciated!! :)

I have an immediate problem with anything that advertises itself as a "miracle breakthrough!" or lets you pay in "3 easy payments of $39.95"

Good luck!

My Flavorwave

It may seem that something being called a "miracle breakthrough" is proabably a scam, but the Flavor Wave really does work! I made stuffed chicken breast the other night, and honest to god i've never had better chicken (not to toot my own horn) but really it was so juicy, not dry or anything like how chicken normally turns out. I can make a sirloin steak, from frozen mind you to well done in about 17 minute. I'm not talking about no flimsy piece of steak either, like a 1-2 inch piece. Really the Flavor wave turbo is proabably one of the coolest and most convenient appliances i own. Happy Cooking!!:chef:

Last edited:
Yay!

Thank you, this is helpful. If yoy happen yo come across the full chart, by all means please let me know :)

I too love my FlavorWave. Roast chicken is the best (and fastest) I've had. I can now make a roast chicken when I get home from work! How great is that!

Fries are crispy.

Baked potatoes are awesome.

Frozen pizza even comes out well.

Always looking for new ideas for it. Am going to try salmon tonight! I'll let you know how it comes out.

I have an immediate problem with anything that advertises itself as a "miracle breakthrough!" or lets you pay in "3 easy payments of $39.95"

Good luck!

i was not sure but after cooking my last meal in my flavorwave i was very happy i have diebetes and when it comes to cooking now at 61 i was looking for something that would help me to make meals for my hubby and i and the frozen food thing is so much more help to me well ill let you know how the next meal goes and at same time iam writen down what i do to cook things then will pass it on to all of you;)

Does anyone know what temperatures and times to cook game food with the FlavorWave Turbo?
I am talking about venison, kangaroo, buffalo, camel etc??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom