"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Exclamation FlavorWave Turbo - need recipe book

HELP HELP HELP
I just recieved my new Flavor Wave & thought it would have recipes - IT DOESN'T
Is there anywhere I can go to find recipes or does anyone have any?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hi, docrach. Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Look here for a PDF file of the instruction booklet that contains recipes and cooking tips.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Will you let us know how well the flavorwave works.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Haven't posted here in a long time, hope I remember how! Welcome to the site! I'm on my second turbo oven, it's a flavorwave like yours. Mine came with the recipe booklet but I never used the recipes. Did you get the laminated sheet that has the cooking times? That is all you really need. I love cooking roasts and whole chickens in the turbo. I've never been able to cook them in my regular oven without a disaster! They come out perfect every time now. I know of a forum on another recipe site dedicated to turbo oven recipes, I'll try and find it if you'd like. They are especially usefull during those hot summer days when everyone wants a big meal but the cook doesn't want to heat up the big oven! We don't have AC. Try a google search for flavor wave recipes and see what pops up. I know you'll love your oven. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Hi and Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Any help would be great - I didn't get a laminated sheet but I will print a copy and laminate myself. That address woukd begreat.
I have found though that the cooking time is pretty much the same as oven though = is that normal or did I do something wrong?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Senior Cook

I found the site. What I'm suggesting is that you google search "flavorwave oven recipes". Scroll down a bit and you'll find a site for Starfire (Wendy). Her recipes are posted at Recipezaar. It's a wonderful recipe site, complete with recipe reviews. I've never compared the cooking times. I guess it seems shorter because I don't have to preheat the big oven! I'm just cooking for two now and it seems a big waste to heat the oven for one small meat dish. Not sure if you have this information but it's suggested to turn the food over 1/2 way through the cooking time. I did a pork roast the other night and cooked it for 30 minutes, flipped the roast over and cooked for another 30 minutes. I also added whole potatoes aound the edges. Once you get the guide sheet printed it will be easy for you. It's really all in the timing! I also always use a digital termometer to check the internal temp. Let me know how your first meal turns out!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Thanks for the info, silentmeow. I just got a great deal on a FlavorWave Platinum and am eager to try it. It comes with a cookbook, but it's nice to review some of the cooking methods via Starfire/Wendy.

This house isn't air-conditioned and, with all the trees gone after the ice storm, I have a feeling summertime cooking is going to be a bit on the hot side.

I use my crock-pot quite a bit in the summer, but I'm getting a bit tired of getting creative with it. It will also be nice to be able to put frozen foods into the turbo oven because I sometimes don't get dinner inspiration until way late.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
Assistant Cook

Hiya

So i bought the flavor wave, but i'm missing the Cooking times sheet. Is there any site, like the one way up top i can print it off of?? Help would be much appreciated!!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #10
Executive Chef

I have an immediate problem with anything that advertises itself as a "miracle breakthrough!" or lets you pay in "3 easy payments of $39.95"

Good luck!