Flavorwave Turbo Oven versus Jetstream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfull

Assistant Cook
Am considering purchasing a flavorwave oven turbo . Am wondering about the difference in cooking methods between flavorwave and jetstream. Are they the same except for brands?

I had a Flavorwave for several years and loved the thing. In the summer it was a lifesaver as we don't have AC and my kitchen always gets that afternoon sun! The plastic dome got dropped on the floor and eventually developed a crack. A friend welded the crack but i didn't feel confident using it as the integrity of the plastic had been changed and I didn't know about unwanted gases being released into the food cooking inside. I could not find anyplace to replace the dome but they would sell me a new oven! I replaced the unit with a Nuwave which seems to be ok. I'm not pleased with the metal tray, it seems to let moisture leak out and I have to clean the base unit and the counter. The Flavorwave had a beautiful glass dish and nothing leaked. Of course none of the parts are interchangeable! I love the speed and ease of the ovens. I guess it comes down to being able to replace parts verses easy clean up. If I could do it over I would have ordered another Flavorwave and been really really really careful not to break any parts! I do love the ovens and now that it's just the two of us I can cook an entire meal in the thing. I always ruined roasts and roasted chickens in my big oven but they come out perfect in the small ovens. Ask around and see if you can borrow one to try out. Good luck.

The FlavorWave and the Jetstream are not the same!

Hello everyone,The FlavorWave and the Jetstream ovens are not the same! The FlavorWave claims to use both Halogen and Infrared heating elements,while I think the Jetstream oven only uses Infrared heating ! I have owned one of the older FlavorWaves and maybe 5 Jetstream ovens !

So lets start with the good and the bad points of the Jetstream oven

1.The Jetstream ovens have far better air circulation !
2.Because of the superior air circulation the Jetstream ovens did a much better job at cooking foods like air fried chicken,hot dogs,pizzas,rolls,biscuits,and so on !!!
3. Because of it's superior air circulation The Jetstream oven also cooked foods much faster then the FlavorWave !
4.But one big problem with the Jetstream oven is it's lack of durability! The plastic parts will crack and the oven may not last you much more then a year if you use it very often !!!!

So now lets start with the good and the bad points of the FlavorWave oven

1.The FlavorWave oven I had was far more durable then my Jetstream ovens ! My FlavorWave lasted me many years,but the plastic lid cracked in half within a year or so of owning the oven!
2.The FlavorWave oven had a very weak fan,and the air circulation was poor! I had to turn small pieces of chicken over in order for it to cook on both sides,but with the Jetstream oven I never had to turn the pieces of chicken over and it cooked just fine !
3.The Jetstream oven cooked the foods I loved much better then the FlavorWave did ! I would say on a scale of 1 to 10,with 10 being the highest,the Jetstream oven cooked foods between a 9 and 10,and the FlavorWave cooked foods at about a 7 or 8!

I just bought a new convection oven after doing a lot of research on them all ! I had narrowed it down to 4 ovens .....the New Flavor wave "Turbo and Platinum",the Nu Wave Pro and the American Harvest Jetstream oven, I ultimately chose the American Harvest Jetstream oven, for one main reason !!!

It circulates it's air far better then any of the small convection ovens I know of and I love how that extra air circulation helps to cook the food better and faster then it's competition !!!! I hope this information helps some of you who are looking for a small convection oven.

God Bless You and take care,Earl :chef::chef::chef:

2.Because of the superior air circulation the Jetstream ovens did a much better job at cooking foods like air fried chicken,hot dogs,pizzas,rolls,biscuits,and so on !!!

Got a question for ya -- how did you keep your pizza toppings from flying around all over the inside of your Jetstream?

I have one and I've cooked a variety of foods in it. I ordered the extra ring for the additional height when I bought mine. The only think I've had trouble with was pizza, cuz the ingredients wouldn't stay put.

more comparison please

I have another question about these ovens for anyone who has experience. Why is the Flavorwave oven so much slower than the Nuwave. I have a flavorwave and it takes as long to cook things as a convention big oven.

Back
Top Bottom