Food processor for under $100?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

synecdoche

Assistant Cook
So, I've been given $100 to buy a food processor. Any recommendations? I'm in Canada, so some of the online retailers are out (unless they're in Canada, I mean). I am looking forward to using it do some good old fashioned chopping and dicing and whatnot, but also making pesto and hummus and salsas and dressings. If there is one at my price point that can knead dough, I'd be in heaven, but I'm going to be realistic and realize I'm not going to get the best one out there for $100.

Thanks!

I guess it all depends on the size you are looking for. I am a petite person and I don't like big bulky food processors. They are pain to remove, use, clean etc. I bought a Kitchenaid 3 cup food processor for about 60 dollars or less (US).

It does everything - Chopping, Grating, Slicing (so has all the attachments) and the size is extremely manageable for a home cook.

I personally prefer Kitchen Aid to Cuisinart because the former to me is better built (I had a Cuisinart before). I think there are other brands (Braun etc.) but none compare to these two.

I would look at a smaller size and buy a Kitchenaid or Cuisinart.

The kitchenaid processor I have can make pastry dough but food processors normally don't have a dough hook like a stand mixer to knead dough. I can tell you that I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer and I use it a lot (in baking) but I still make dough the old fashion way with my hands :).

If you only want a small processor, I suggest one of the Cuisinart Duets, which is a blender and a 3 cup food processor on one base unit. They run around $100.00 U.S. but you can sometimes find refurbished ones in kitchen stores. I paid $50.00 for mine at Le Gourmet Chef, I've had it for several years now after having litterally smoked my Hamilton Beach Blender/Food Processor Combo making a protein drink, and have had no problems with it. In fact, the only complaint I have is that the refurbished ones seem to only comne in white, and I hate white in the kitchen.

Go here: KitchenAid Online Store |.

You might find what you're looking for there. Price range is from about $59.00 for a 5-cup, $79.00 for a 7-cup, to $159.00 for a 12-cup model - all are fatory-refurbished models.

Click on Outlet Store, then click on Fatory Refurbished Products, then click on Food Processors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom