Food Processor Rant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I own a Cuisinart Custom 11 and use a Cuisinart Custom 14 at work... i've never had any problems getting the lids on or off of either of them. Its a pretty simple locking mechanism that requires very little pressure to unlatch.

I actually just recently bought a new bowl and it is a pain to get on and off myDLC 8E. That is why I'm thinking of replacement.

Above someone suggested that the Super Chefs on TV had trouble closing their FPs because they were facing the back of the machine. Uh ,isn't counter clockwise the same from either side?

Robt said:
I actually just recently bought a new bowl and it is a pain to get on and off myDLC 8E. That is why I'm thinking of replacement.

Above someone suggested that the Super Chefs on TV had trouble closing their FPs because they were facing the back of the machine. Uh ,isn't counter clockwise the same from either side?

It is, of course, but they are not oriented toward the usual face of the machine. Or so it seems to me when I have seen them fumbling with it. Sort of like being used to using your right hand and using your left instead.
It is the newer bowls on the Cuisinart that I have heard to be difficult--but that it just took getting used to and not being afraid of breaking it. This was a hearsay on another board.

Just for grins ... last night I tried to assemble and use the FP I've had for 20 years backwards ... like a TV chef would. Although everything matched up and moved in the same CCW direction ... it was a bit more difficult to do from the back of the machine. I've NEVER had problems with the fact that the gizmo was CCW - but trying to get the lid aligned with the bowl backwards was a bit of a challenge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom