"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,630
So...since we are all on the same page here, wouldn't a FP that assembles the "right" way be a selling point?

The one I have is pretty new, but somewhat cheap. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Then after seeing the chefs on TV go through the same chit that I go through everytime I use it made me curious.

The ONLY way I remember how the dam thing goes back together is the psition of the spout.

Also, why do all the manufacturers follow one another. I mean really, what kind of R & D team do these companies have?
__________________

__________________
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Corey123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,881
After 20 years of service, the Cuisinart machine that I had was giving ME trouble. The cover became extremely difficult to twist on and off the work bowl.

Rather that be forced to have to re-buy the work bowl, cover and pusher assembly all over again, because that is now the only way that Cuisinart sells the parts, and have to pay a whopping $100.00 for those parts, I just went on and bought a much better machine.

And it wasn't another Cuisinart either!!
__________________

__________________
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #13
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
I have the same problem. I got a cuisinart blender/food processor combo as a college graduation present. At the time, I didn't cook, so I was happy with it. Now, not so happy. Not only is the food processor lid hard to lock into place, the bowl on this thing is tiny. Like 3 cups. Don't even get me started on the blender part!
Sararwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #14
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 905
I have heard this specifically about the Cuisinart--that the lid is very hard to get off.
If I am understanding the question correctly, my KA closes by turning counterclockwise (to the right of the lock). And it does so easily.

I also agree with Veloce and Michael--it may have to do with the direction the blade turns. And TV chefs often have the machines turned toward the camera, for some reason.
__________________
Candocook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kitchenelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,725
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararwelch
I have the same problem. I got a cuisinart blender/food processor combo as a college graduation present. At the time, I didn't cook, so I was happy with it. Now, not so happy. Not only is the food processor lid hard to lock into place, the bowl on this thing is tiny. Like 3 cups. Don't even get me started on the blender part!
I will agree that the Cuisinart blender/food processor isn't that great a machine - and is by no means indicative of their food processors. I have never had a problem with my lid sticking or being difficult to get off. Maybe a little rubbing of mineral oil would help.

My Cuisinart has performed for almost 30 years without ANY problems!!!!!
__________________
kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Executive Chef
 
Corey123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candocook
I have heard this specifically about the Cuisinart--that the lid is very hard to get off.
If I am understanding the question correctly, my KA closes by turning counterclockwise (to the right of the lock). And it does so easily.

I also agree with Veloce and Michael--it may have to do with the direction the blade turns. And TV chefs often have the machines turned toward the camera, for some reason.


My K'Aid machine's lid turns counterclockwise also. And it's so easy to get on, engage with the interlocking system and to get off!! It works very smoothly - something that I eventually didn't get with Cuisinart.
__________________
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #17
Master Chef
 
jennyema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
After 20 years of service, the Cuisinart machine that I had was giving ME trouble. The cover became extremely difficult to twist on and off the work bowl.

Rather that be forced to have to re-buy the work bowl, cover and pusher assembly all over again, because that is now the only way that Cuisinart sells the parts, and have to pay a whopping $100.00 for those parts, I just went on and bought a much better machine.

And it wasn't another Cuisinart either!!

I bought a bowl separately earlier this year. All the parts are available separately, unless recently changed.
__________________
Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
Corey123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,881
One thing that I like about my machine, in addition to the many other things, is that it's very easy to keep clean because there are absolutely no dirt-catching crevices.

The Cuisinart was hard to keep clean, especially where the saftey switch is! That the work bowl sits on.
__________________
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #19
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: S. W. Minnesota
Posts: 157
I have a 40 year old General Electric. The top tilts off, and locks with a latch --- no twisting!
__________________
Walt Bulander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,393
I have no problem getting the lids (2) on or off my Cuisinart DLC-8S TX TYPE 28's bowl.

I have no problem cleaning the bowl after use-it's dishwasher safe.

My Cuisinart DLC-8S TX TYPE 28 is 5-6 years old and does whatever I ask it to do.

My DLC-8S TX TYPE 28 cost less than $170.00.

What more do you need?
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.