"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
Executive Chef

So...since we are all on the same page here, wouldn't a FP that assembles the "right" way be a selling point?

The one I have is pretty new, but somewhat cheap. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Then after seeing the chefs on TV go through the same chit that I go through everytime I use it made me curious.

The ONLY way I remember how the dam thing goes back together is the psition of the spout.

Also, why do all the manufacturers follow one another. I mean really, what kind of R & D team do these companies have?

Old 12-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #12
Executive Chef

After 20 years of service, the Cuisinart machine that I had was giving ME trouble. The cover became extremely difficult to twist on and off the work bowl.

Rather that be forced to have to re-buy the work bowl, cover and pusher assembly all over again, because that is now the only way that Cuisinart sells the parts, and have to pay a whopping $100.00 for those parts, I just went on and bought a much better machine.

And it wasn't another Cuisinart either!!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #13
Senior Cook

I have the same problem. I got a cuisinart blender/food processor combo as a college graduation present. At the time, I didn't cook, so I was happy with it. Now, not so happy. Not only is the food processor lid hard to lock into place, the bowl on this thing is tiny. Like 3 cups. Don't even get me started on the blender part!
Sararwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #14
Sous Chef

I have heard this specifically about the Cuisinart--that the lid is very hard to get off.
If I am understanding the question correctly, my KA closes by turning counterclockwise (to the right of the lock). And it does so easily.

I also agree with Veloce and Michael--it may have to do with the direction the blade turns. And TV chefs often have the machines turned toward the camera, for some reason.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararwelch
I have the same problem. I got a cuisinart blender/food processor combo as a college graduation present. At the time, I didn't cook, so I was happy with it. Now, not so happy. Not only is the food processor lid hard to lock into place, the bowl on this thing is tiny. Like 3 cups. Don't even get me started on the blender part!
I will agree that the Cuisinart blender/food processor isn't that great a machine - and is by no means indicative of their food processors. I have never had a problem with my lid sticking or being difficult to get off. Maybe a little rubbing of mineral oil would help.

My Cuisinart has performed for almost 30 years without ANY problems!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candocook
I have heard this specifically about the Cuisinart--that the lid is very hard to get off.
If I am understanding the question correctly, my KA closes by turning counterclockwise (to the right of the lock). And it does so easily.

I also agree with Veloce and Michael--it may have to do with the direction the blade turns. And TV chefs often have the machines turned toward the camera, for some reason.

My K'Aid machine's lid turns counterclockwise also. And it's so easy to get on, engage with the interlocking system and to get off!! It works very smoothly - something that I eventually didn't get with Cuisinart.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
After 20 years of service, the Cuisinart machine that I had was giving ME trouble. The cover became extremely difficult to twist on and off the work bowl.

Rather that be forced to have to re-buy the work bowl, cover and pusher assembly all over again, because that is now the only way that Cuisinart sells the parts, and have to pay a whopping $100.00 for those parts, I just went on and bought a much better machine.

And it wasn't another Cuisinart either!!

I bought a bowl separately earlier this year. All the parts are available separately, unless recently changed.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #18
Executive Chef

One thing that I like about my machine, in addition to the many other things, is that it's very easy to keep clean because there are absolutely no dirt-catching crevices.

The Cuisinart was hard to keep clean, especially where the saftey switch is! That the work bowl sits on.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #19
Senior Cook

I have a 40 year old General Electric. The top tilts off, and locks with a latch --- no twisting!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

I have no problem getting the lids (2) on or off my Cuisinart DLC-8S TX TYPE 28's bowl.

I have no problem cleaning the bowl after use-it's dishwasher safe.

My Cuisinart DLC-8S TX TYPE 28 is 5-6 years old and does whatever I ask it to do.

My DLC-8S TX TYPE 28 cost less than $170.00.

What more do you need?