Food processor recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy, do you like it overall? Any issues you've encountered with it?

kg, I bought it at Costco for short money many years ago. I never use the attachments. I use it to puree sauces and soups in the pot on the stove. It does that perfectly. This is one of those tools that I go cheap on because I don't feel I use it frequently or for difficult tasks. Same reason I don't have an expensive blender.

kg, I bought it at Costco for short money many years ago. I never use the attachments. I use it to puree sauces and soups in the pot on the stove. It does that perfectly. This is one of those tools that I go cheap on because I don't feel I use it frequently or for difficult tasks. Same reason I don't have an expensive blender.

Glad you found something you like. There are so many choices it's really confusing for a newbie like me. I'm not sure what type of food prep I'll be using it for except for mayo, dressings, guacamole, and veggie purées. Any hunch about which one would be a good choice for me?

If you stick with a quality brand - Cuisinart, Braun, KA, etc and a 200 watt motor, you should be OK. I wouldn't spend $100 on one. I think mine cost $25. When it eventually breaks, I won't have a problem replacing it.

Bottom line is you have to be comfortable with your choice.

If you stick with a quality brand - Cuisinart, Braun, KA, etc and a 200 watt motor, you should be OK. I wouldn't spend $100 on one. I think mine cost $25. When it eventually breaks, I won't have a problem replacing it.

Bottom line is you have to be comfortable with your choice.

Thanks for the advice, Andy! I guess I have to try one and see.

Update: I bought the KitchenAid 2 speed immersion blender at BBB and like it so far. It only came with a blending cup - I hope I'm not going to miss having the whisk or chopper attachments.

Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor. Their top of the line. It is well made with a sealed bowl and one of the best accessory storage containers I have seen. Worth every penny.

Robert

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I bought Breville BFP800XL from Amazon about a week ago, I think is pretty good
o.png

Welcome to DC. This is a fun place to be. Lots of information and questions asked and answered. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom