Food processor recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Consul

Senior Cook
Well, the family and I, in an attempt to kick up our fooding, are going to invest in a food processor. Quite frankly, I'm amazed I got this far without one, but that's another post.

I'd like a nice big one that has some versatility (shredding cheese, slicing veggies, etc.). Cost is also a factor, but I'm not trying for the cheapest thing out there. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you for the help!

I would recommend an 11 or a 14 cup Cuisinart, if your budget is limited.

If you have money to burn..........a 20 cup Robot Coupe R2N is great.

RO - BO - COUPE! RO - BO - COUPE! RO - BO - COUPE! :P Yes, if price is no object, that's the only way to fly first class. A Cuisinart will do at home, but if you can swing a used one, get the 'Coupe.

Thanks for the posts, all.

Robot Coupe is one brand I've never heard of. Is that one of those big restaurant-grade processors?

I may be going for a Cuisinart, as cost is a factor. I was just saying I don't have to settle for a cheap Sam's Club generic thing. Thanks, again!

From what I understand, Cuisinart has had a quality control problem with the blades of their food processors lately. Everyone I have talked to recommends Kitchen Aid over Cuisinart.

I love my Cuisinart. I picked it up at a yard sale about 4 years ago. An elderly woman was selling it. She told me she hardly used it. I haven't had any problem with mine.......it works beautifully. Well it has since I figured out how to work the darn thing. I bought it and brought it home and was so disappointed when I tried to turn it on and it didn't work. I immediately took it to my dads to have him fix it and the next day he informed me it was working fine. So I again brought it home and nothing. So I took it back and told him it sure wasn't working for me. Well he gave me food processor 101 class and instructed me that the top piece had to be locked into place ;) I was a very happy girl and still am.

I bought mine at SAm's Club. It's a Wolfgang Puck and works for me. I paid $70 for it and it has everything I need.

I had a chuckle at the Sizzlinins story about not being able to get hers going. I did the same thing, only I called the Service Center number and the gal I talked to coached me through . We both laughed at my duhness. :)

I've got the Cuisinart Prep 11 plus, I chose it specifically for the large size of the feed tube because I think it's a bit stupid to have to manually chop your veggies before they will fit in your food processor :roll: I've had it for over a year now, no problems with it at all, I love it.

Paint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom