"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
A few days ago I purchased the Cuisinart Custom 14 Cup FP
I have the same one, got mine from BBB. Love it. I had a 11 cup one before which was just too small, but that was a present. I still use it once in a while. this new one is awesome and the price is Right.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
Senior Cook

I received mine earlier today when I ordered it qvc still has the holiday shipping ( 2nd day air ) on their website for the same price as regular shipping. I'm going to read the manual and play around with it later tonight I'll probably make a 3 pound pizza dough to burn in the motor.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #23
Master Chef

I tend to be a procrastinator about spending money. A good thing most of the time, not much impulse buying. But the other day my husband grabbed the food processor I was swearing at and threw it in the trash and took the trash out. "Buy the damned new one!" So ... I've seen what I'm looking for on the Penney's site, and need to comparison shop on Amazon and Chef's and W-S. But I guess I'll have a new one before the week is out.

Husbands' wrists aren't what they used to be and he was having a hard time with a batch (just for 2) of pasta dough. Can the large bowl handle that?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #24
Master Chef

Scales Mound is a cute town. Have had many breakfasts and drinks there, and love their little grocery store. If I wanted to live in a smaller town than Galena (unlikely) it would be in the running.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
Master Chef

Finally got off my butt (well, on it literally) and ordered it from Amazon. The negative reviews seems things I could live with. Between it and a couple of other appliances I own dying at the same time, I really, really need it.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
Head Chef

I don't know about the new Cuisinarts but I adore the square base vintage ones. My favorites are the 11 cup, 14 cup, & the 20 cup models. You can't beat them with a stick.
The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolady View Post
I don't know about the new Cuisinarts but I adore the square base vintage ones. My favorites are the 11 cup, 14 cup, & the 20 cup models. You can't beat them with a stick.
Then you would love mine. It is a Robot Coup made in France eons ago. The company no longer exists. But it has a motor that could pull a tractor through clay dirt. The base of the FP is made of Bakelite and is yellow. It is so old.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
Assistant Cook

In my looking for a food processor I can across the Braun Multiquick 3 K650. It seems to have the best reviews of any food processor I have looked at on Amazon. Has anyone here used any of the Braun food processor models?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #29
Master Chef

I just received the one Steve recommended. I haven't tried it yet, but one word of warning. Trying to see if it was mentioned here yet, but was by the Amazon rating teams: It is very, very heavy. I'd been warned, so cleared counter space and am rearranging other items in the kitchen. My little Cuisinart that was both FP and blender, was not heavy enough, it could vibrate itself off the counter if you didn't hold it down with one hand (could not walk away from it while it was working, not even a few steps!). But do not buy this one if you have to store it below your waist or above your shoulders, then bring it to counter level, if you aren't strong or have shoulder mobility problems. It is tall enough that it won't fit on your counter and under the upper cupboards in a standard kitchen. I knew this before ordering and they weren't deal-breakers for me (I'd been warned of the weight, and measured for the height).

I'm really excited to try it!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #30
Wine Guy

Claire, you are correct in that it's very heavy - about 30 lbs. I've made 6 cups of bread dough in it, and it stays put without sliding around on the counter top.

Regarding the height, are you sure it won't fit on your counter? Mine fits on the counter with about an inch and a half to spare between the top of the unit and the wall mounted cabinets. I measured the space before I bought it to make sure it would fit. I just assume my cabinets are mounted at a standard height, but maybe not.

Tags
food