Food Processors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda Abend

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new food processor. I would really like a machine that is strong, but I also want a machine that cleans well. My current food processor has so many nooks and crannies it is nearly impossible to clean. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Linda

Miss Linda I'm sure you will get a lot of ideas, but everybody is going to want to know what brand etc. is your current food processor?? It will help narrow things down.

Cuisinart or Kitchenaid. Check Amazon for prices. Watch for sales, especially on Cuisinart.

I have a Kitchen Aid and I love it - iti's at least 9 years old and still going strong and I've used it alot. It grates cheese like a champ and I love it for pie dough.

I am a big fan of Cuisinart - had the 11 cup for many years and now have had the 14 cup for about five years. Very easy to clean. I use it almost daily - if I am cooking a company meal, usually several times in a day. Love it.

Miss Linda I'm sure you will get a lot of ideas, but everybody is going to want to know what brand etc. is your current food processor?? It will help narrow things down.

I do not have one anymore. I had an old Hamilton Beach that worked great. I dropped the bowl and it broke and I threw out the whole thing. I figured it was time to upgrade.

My friend bought a KitchenAid Food Processor. I have the Kitchen Aid Heavy Duty mixer for many years and it works great. Back to the food processor.. my friend is complaining that her KitchenAid food processor oozes food up through the blade and onto the rotator in the center. Food also gets stuck up in the center of the blade and is impossible to clean. I am trying to avoid this kind of messy clean up.

Does anyone have this problem with the Cuisinart?
Are there machines that are completely closed systems? I heard that such a machine exists but I do not know which one it is or exactly what to ask for.

Looking forward to hearing your input!

Linda

I've had a Cuisinart for about 9-10 years. Pretty much any FP will leak liquid contents if you put too much into the bowl at once. The spinning forces the liquid up under the blade and over the top of the bowl opening in the center.

That happened to me once with the Cuisinart then I learned how to use it better.

I have a Kitchen Aid. I love it, but it's not perfect.
I killed the juicing attachment, which actually works quite well. I juiced 36 limes, and one of the fins that holds fruit in place finally gave way. You have to buy the whole attachment, you can't just replace the part with the fruit holder. It can also be difficult to clean the pusher with the feed tube in it. There are no holes for drainage, and the area next to the feed tube is rather narrow, instead of being solid. Other than that, I'm really happy with it! The workbowls are D/W safe, I believe, but I almost always handwash mine.

Happy hunting!! I love getting new toys!

I have a Cuisinart 14 cup that I have been using for about 7 or 8 years now. I love it. It's easy to clean and has the power to do whatever I need it to do...from chopping vegetables to making ground beef to pie and bread dough.

LOVE to make my own ground meat (mostly beef and pork) in the Cuisinart, Mama - you are the one who first gave me the idea! Works great, and I know just what I'm getting if I grind it myself.

Glad I could be of help! I love grinding my own...that way if I want my burger cooked medium rare, I don't have to worry about it.

Gave my trusty Cuis' 14 cup to the church kitchen, and use a Cuis' 11 cup at home. I like the 11 cup Cuis' because it is a tad smaller on the counter, and Cuis' made an attachment for it that they only made for the 11 cup model, a bowl that replaces the workbowl for slicing and shredding that has a side chute. Great for large batches of cabbage for kraut (think 25#) or home fried potatoes for 25-30 guests. I do miss the 8mm slicing blade that was exclusive to the 14 cup model, though. I had a KA 11 cup model, and it was a bit of a bear to clean.

Cuisinart 12-cup owner here. I've had the same machine for roughly 29 years (they don't make them like that anymore). I will have to replace the bowl as it has been cracked for about 10 years now - I handle it with kid gloves and so far so good, but, my luck is running out I fear :LOL:

I bought a new one for a friend and I can tell it is not as "sturdy" but it's still a good product.

Cuisinart 12-cup owner here. I've had the same machine for roughly 29 years (they don't make them like that anymore). I will have to replace the bowl as it has been cracked for about 10 years now - I handle it with kid gloves and so far so good, but, my luck is running out I fear

Does Cuisinart have replacement bowls for machines that are 29 years old?
If they did, that alone would make me lean towards buying a Cuisinart!

Linda

Glad I could be of help! I love grinding my own...that way if I want my burger cooked medium rare, I don't have to worry about it.

I love to grind my own as well. It always ends up much cheaper and always higher quality.

I also look for sales on boneless skinless breasts and grind them up for different applications. There is a Chinese dumpling recipe over in the "Easy Chinese" thread I am going to try the chicken on next week.

Hi! I want to thank everyone for their input! I decided on the KitchenAid food processor! I am loving it. I made a health salad, a dessert with frozen fruit and I even ground beef and chicken in it. It has performed well and the clean up is really simple!

Linda

Back
Top Bottom