Food Processors can't handle liquid??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you use your hand mixer for?

My guess, and this is just a guess, is that it would not replace the hand mixer.

I use it maybe, at most, a few times a year to mix cookie dough or cake dough that is about it. And I always make a mess using it. It has dough attachments but I have never ever used them. I have a bread machine and dough attachments for the FP.
Space is at such a premium, I am thinking I have no justification on keeping it with so few uses. 10 years old and it looks brand new...most times I need to mix something I just use the whisks, wooden spoon or spatulas instead of hauling it out.

I have a Cuisinart hand mixer also. I do use it for little mixing jobs that are too small for the KA, but I haven't for a long while.

I don't have a whisk for my hand blender, so I keep the hand mixer just in case. Just in case of what I do not know........I just figure if I get rid of it, that is when I will need it.

You can spend all kinds of money on immersion blenders. I paid $20 for a Braun 200 watt with attachments at Costco. If you shop around you may get a better price for a brand name.

Mav, hold out for a $20 immersion blender ... and perhaps you could sell your hand mixer on ebay and be a bit ahead of the game, especially if it's like new! Don't give up on your FP just yet, space hog or not, the minute you do, you'll want it back (speaking from experience).

alright, I give up ... I guess you'll have to search for the biggest loser hand blender if you are interested. Not sure why the deep fryer comes up when I copy and paste the link in my browser into the message box. Was really trying to help.

alright, I give up ... I guess you'll have to search for the biggest loser hand blender if you are interested. Not sure why the deep fryer comes up when I copy and paste the link in my browser into the message box. Was really trying to help.

:LOL: That's OK, I appreciate your trying to help me out. I am not going to give up on the FP, I figure with time and help I will get the hang of it and become good at using it. I already have a pretty good list of things I do with it.
But the hand mixer, well, I think it can probably go if I get a good hand blender and be the happier for it!
But the deep fryer, been eying those just no counter space for it... maybe your link is trying to tell me something!

Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions, I was feeling frustrated when I started this because it seems like others can use their FP's for liquids and I can't, but now I feel better thinking a hand blender would be easier and less messy to use anyway!

Back
Top Bottom