Free Wearever Chicken Bucket Instructions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Second batch not as brown - got cover on quicker

Browned for 3 minutes as per instructions. Covered bucket and cooked additional 15 minutes. Let it cool a while in paper towels. Tastes great.
Got the cover on faster so I guess it didn't brown as much.

Put in about 8 pieces cut smaller as shown in the instructions. Used long tongs. Oil simply bubbled up after adding each piece.
Strained the oil and put in in the refrigerator.

Thanks for posting the instructions here.:chef:

Should the cube on top of the lid is loose - should it be staked to the lid?

The 3/4" aluminium cube on the top of the lid that connects to the pin which screws down to seal the lid is loose and not connected to the lid.
It appears that the cube was once staked to the lid. This makes it hard to tighten the lid as it does not want to stay on the pin when attaching the lid and trying to get the bottom round part of the cube into the lid while preparing to tighten the round knob with boiling and steaming oil escaping from the center hole in the lid.

Was this cube originally staked to the lid?

If so should I try using a punch to restake it to the lid?

Alternative to Discontinued Wear-Ever Chicken Bucket gasket 90024-3-8-1

Greetings, I just joined the site.

What brought me here is this thread.

Excerpt from original post:
I've contacted Wear Ever and they aren't too enthusiastic about assisting me in finding parts such as the weight for the vent, and a new gasket for the lid. I have two of these and one does have the gasket. So if you find an aftermarket provider of gaskets here is the number. WE pn # 90024-3-8-1

This gasket measures 8 1/4 OD and 7 7/16 ID. The thickness is 1/8. The gasket width as it lays in the lid is 5/16 of an inch.

In Metric it is 209 mm OD and 189 mm ID. The thickness is 4 mm. The gasket
width as it lays in the lid is 10 mm.

My Reply:
Try Presto 09908 gasket
The Outer and Inner dimensions are almost identical
The thickness is ever so slightly thinner.

I WAS WRONG. DO NOT TRY THE PRESTO 09908 GASKET!

That slight difference in thickness is enough that it will not stay in place in the lid of the chicken bucket. Still looking for a gasket other than the over $30 ones on eBay.

I have a feeler out at an industrial seal company.

I WAS WRONG. DO NOT TRY THE PRESTO 09908 GASKET!

That slight difference in thickness is enough that it will not stay in place in the lid of the chicken bucket. Still looking for a gasket other than the over $30 ones on eBay.

I have a feeler out at an industrial seal company.

Have you had any luck in finding a gasket yet?

Back
Top Bottom