Freezing BBQ sandwiches - need Food Saver help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm making my bbq today and I want to freeze some individual sandwiches and use my food saver to do so.

I understand I will have to freeze the bread first so it won't compress to smitherines!! Then once frozen add my pulled pork and then vacuum. Is this the best way?

Now, when it's time to heat an individual sandwich would you microwave it without a slit? Would you stick it in boiling water? Or what?

Thanks for any help.

KE:

I don't have a food saver, but I'd consider freezing the meat separately from the bread. They reheat at different rates. Then you could drop the meat packets into boiling water as you suggested and thaw the rolls as yo normally do.

kitchenelf, I know this is a older post but I have tried this and the bread gets soggy when thawed or cooked with the meat in with the bread.I now just freeze the meat in sm portions and use freah bread instead of freezing the bread.

I'm with Thumper on this one - I don't care for frozen bread for one thing but even if you froze the bread first it would still compress quite a bit because there is so much air in it. I like the idea of freezing the meat w/sauce in the bag but with the bag open until it firms up really well then sealing.

I, also, agree with that one.

I just took out some baby back ribs from the freezer that I cooked on the Fourth of July that was vacuum sealed in a Food Saver bag. But I didn't make any sandwiches with it yet.

I think that it's better to keep the bread separate from the meat until you are ready to make the sandwiches.

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom